• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels 2015 Daily Prospect Stat-lines

Chuck

Angels prospect 3B Kyle Kubitza went 3-for-5 with his first triple of the season on Monday for Triple-A Salt Lake. He also tallied a pair of RBI and scored a run. Acquired from the Braves during the offseason, Kubitza, 24, flew under the radar in 2014 when he batted .295/.405/.470 with 50 extra-base hits (eight home runs) and 21 stolen bases in 132 games for Double-A Mississippi. However, he’s now seemingly next-in-line for playing time at the hot corner—well ahead of former top prospect Kaleb Cowart—should something happen to David Freese. Regardless, Kubitza should see time in the major leagues this season.

Sherman Johnson's first five games in AA: .353/.522/.765 with 2 SB, 4 walks, 1 HR and 5 walks.

I'm a big fan of Sherman Johnson's, AJ. I have a feeling he's going to be another Kole Calhoun type. Underrated, good OBP with some speed and pop. 

Here's a picture of him taken at our Spring Fanfest event. 

Sherman_zpsiudpza21.jpg

I like Sherman as a super UT guy, sort of like Chone Figgins in his first couple years.

I think that's Sherman's low end, a UT guy. No knock on him, but I have a feeling he's going to end up like a Calhoun type. A solid regular who can get on base, steal some bags, pop some HR's and play good D.

Baldoquin is now 0-14 with 8 K's, yikes. Looks like Aybar will be re-signed.

I think Jerry has a lot of pressure right now. 

Baldoquin, Kubitza, Skaggs, Heaney, and Santiago are all big question marks at this point.

Edited by Poozy

For Johnson, it should be starting role or just. His skill set just doesn't match what you get from a backup. Backup infielders should play SS, Johnson doesn't. They should be late inning defensive replacements, and Johnson's defense isn't so elite that you'd put him in over a typical starter. A backup needs to be a good pinch runner and be expected to take an extra base or even steal a few. Johnson's a fine runner but he isn't pinch runner type of fast.

As far as utility goes, Stamets is the perfect player to fill that role. He's a better defensive option everywhere on the field than Johnson and is faster. Johnson has a better chance at challenging for the starting job at 2B or 3B.

I really like what I'm seeing from Hinshaw and Way so far. I gave high hopes for both of them.

Johnson has gotten on base at every level so far. That's really encouraging even if he's a bit old.

As for Newcomb, I'm really excited. I think he's got big upside, and from everything I've seen/read, he's got that bulldog mentality like a Madison Bumgarner. Could be a horse for us in the near future

For Johnson, it should be starting role or just. His skill set just doesn't match what you get from a backup. Backup infielders should play SS, Johnson doesn't. They should be late inning defensive replacements, and Johnson's defense isn't so elite that you'd put him in over a typical starter. A backup needs to be a good pinch runner and be expected to take an extra base or even steal a few. Johnson's a fine runner but he isn't pinch runner type of fast.

As far as utility goes, Stamets is the perfect player to fill that role. He's a better defensive option everywhere on the field than Johnson and is faster. Johnson has a better chance at challenging for the starting job at 2B or 3B.

I really like what I'm seeing from Hinshaw and Way so far. I gave high hopes for both of them.

+1

@slbeesradio: Fresno knocks Andrew Heaney out in the first inning w/7 runs, as the Grizzlies lead the Bees 7-0.

@slbeesradio: Three of the seven runs allowed in the first inning by Heaney were unearned.

I don't even...

Edited by CanadianHalo