• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pile on the hate: The Angels looks like Dbags today

We all know there's a way to be a hater without being public and vocal.

I'm pretty disappointed in the org.

Yeah we all sit here and hope there's a way that Hamilton's albatross of a contract would vanish. But if he was the MVP Hamilton, we'd be laughing all over this decision not to punish him.

There's a double standard here. If this were Trout, the Angels wouldn't be acting this way.

Their loyalty is sickening. It's safe to say they'd pretty much throw everyone else (but Trout) under the bus.

In the professional world, corporations are supposed to help troubled employees. That's whay Josh is. He's a troubled employee. For Carpino and Dipoto to comment this way is very disappointing.

The Angels should be supporting Hamilton - which may or may not include another stint in a treatment center.

But to come out and blow the guy up over a very serious illness, so that they can protect their money is all wrong.

They gambled on Hamilton and loss. Now they don't want to pay what they owe, and they have no problem dumping on a sick man.

Humanity over business.

I know I'm heavily in the minority here.

Now pile it on, because to most of you here, it's all about the on field product and winning-at-all-costs. In fact it's another reminder of how much the Angels are just like every other organization the fans here like to hate (Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers.).

I believe they did wish Hamilton and his family well and only the best wishes.

There concerns are legitimate. It is troubling and concerning that he can act this way and not be held accountable. Its troubling and concerning that you can sign a guy to a $125 million contract and get made to be the bad guy when you question what is going on. This isn't Hamilton's first offense, the guy doesn't need sympathy. He needs a swift kick in the ass and a more vocal approach. His sensitive ego and mindset have been babied for years, that shit needs to end. 

If you can get fired in the real world for failing drug tests, the Angels' have every right to wonder wtf is going on and why he isn't being held accountable. I'm sure of some of these assclown writers were paying Hamilton out of their pockets, they would express the same concerns. 

Edited by Angels_Make_Me_Drink

Yes, I know plenty about addiction seeing as I work with addicted youths 40 hours a week, have had multiple trainings on it, and work very closely with an addiction counselor.

If his addiction is so strong, maybe he should put baseball behind him; retire and focus on strengthening himself, his confidence, and his abilities to fight his addiction. Maybe he should take the advice that his close friend gave him when this news first broke and walk away from the game.

I have sympathies for people with addictions, but this guy needs to stop being babied. At what point does his addiction become his first and foremost issue to settle in his life?

👍👍👍

Yes, I know plenty about addiction seeing as I work with addicted youths 40 hours a week, have had multiple trainings on it, and work very closely with an addiction counselor. 

If his addiction is so strong, maybe he should put baseball behind him; retire and focus on strengthening himself, his confidence, and his abilities to fight his addiction. Maybe he should take the advice that his close friend gave him when this news first broke and walk away from the game. 

I have sympathies for people with addictions, but this guy needs to stop being babied. At what point does his addiction become his first and foremost issue to settle in his life?

The problem with your way if thinking is the Angels still owe him 83 million.  Right now, he has the best of both worlds.  He used cocaine and didn't get punished.  He can rehab from surgery and for all we know, continue to use while he is not playing. I am not sure if he is tested 3 times a week if he is on the DL. Even if he is, the dude has it made.  I wonder just how many times he can use drugs before he is suspended.  If he retires, he gets none of that 73 million.  He might just be trying to get as much money as possible while continuing to play cat and mouse with drugs and being tested.  He has shown that his "disease" makes it okay for him to be babied.  He just can't help himself.  It's not his fault.  He is helpless.  He really has it made.  He can do no wrong. There are 83 million reasons for him to just stick with it.  He clearly does not want to go into treatment.  He is above the law.  Feds can't touch him ya'll.

Edited by beatlesrule

...it's all about the on field product and winning-at-all-costs. In fact it's another reminder of how much the Angels are just like every other organization the fans here like to hate (Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers.).

Jose Guillen begs to differ.

I think the Angels owe him $83 million.

Anyhow, I think this is one of those times where both seemingly opposite views are true. I agree with every SOTO says, but also am tired of Hamilton and see him as a cancer on the team. Unfortunately it may be that Dipoto's comments work against any slim hope the Angels have of getting rid of him.

I also wish the Angels FO had remained silient on this just because it is really a no win situation for them.  That being said I also think that Hamilton basically just getting off on a technicality is extremely bad for baseball and the Angels. 

There should always be consequences to bad behavior regardless of whether or not it is an addiction. 

I have not read anything from the Angels front office that supports the OP.

It could just be that you're older now Eric, but man you have become Randy 2.0. You troll every post, and you're a mod, so you wave around your ruler like a nun.

Just change your name to Lifetime already.

I also wish the Angels FO had remained silient on this just because it is really a no win situation for them. That being said I also think that Hamilton basically just getting off on a technicality is extremely bad for baseball and the Angels.

There should always be consequences to bad behavior regardless of whether or not it is an addiction.

Well said MT. I don't care to see Hamilton here as much as the next person, but the Angels don't need to be running their mouths right now. Perhaps not having that Hamilton money to spend made them react before speaking. I don't know.

The problem with your way if thinking is the Angels still owe him 73 million. Right now, he has the best of both worlds. He used cocaine and didn't get punished. He can rehab from surgery and for all we know, continue to use while he is not playing. I am not sure if he is tested 3 times a week if he is on the DL. Even if he is, the dude has it made. I wonder just how many times he can use drugs before he is suspended. If he retires, he gets none of that 73 million. He might just be trying to get as much money as possible while continuing to play cat and mouse with drugs and being tested. He has shown that his "disease" makes it okay for him to be babied. He just can't help himself. It's not his fault. He is helpless. He really has it made. He can do no wrong. There are 73 million reasons for him to just stick with it. He clearly does not want to go into treatment. He is above the law. Feds can't touch him ya'll.

LOL