• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pile on the hate: The Angels looks like Dbags today

What's all the fuss about ... MONEY? Clearly, Josh wasn't going to get suspended more than 20-80 games. He was always going to be back in a Angel uniform

The front office was hoping to save up to$12M. They lost and made their emotions public ... not good.

I'm not sure why most of you are upset since it's not your money. Like I said ... nothing really has changed. Josh will be back mid season with or without a suspension.

is there a buyout clause in hamilton's contract? wonder how much it would be.

Nothing I have found regarding his contract says anything about a buyout provision. Another tidbit: It includes a full no-trade clause, so even if the Angels were able to find a buyer Josh could still kill the deal. I don't know why he would want to stay where he isn't wanted, given that the money is the same either way, but it might diminish the available options in the unlikely event that the Angels find another team willing to take on this train wreck.

The Angels front office screwed up. What drug addict is going to want to play for this organization now?

If someone signed a $125 million dollar contract, sucked for two years and then pulled this crap, I'd be pissed, too. You've got fans who can barely afford to attend your games who, if they tested positive for drugs, would NOT be able to afford the tickets any more.

Enough coddling these people. Drug addiction sucks, but if someone gives you a chance you don't take a crap all over them. I speak from experience here. Gave a buddy of mine a break and he screwed me over. He picked drugs over our friendship, and Josh picked drugs over his responsibilities to the Angels team and organization. I say hear hear to the Angels execs calling him out on it.

I think now that he is no longer being considered for suspension the Angels you require him to go to physical therapy and work with a team appointed trainer to get him ready to play. His time at summer camp at his buddies house in Houston should end immediately.

Meanie.  How insensitive you are to the needs of a very fragile and persecuted public figure.

Go to your room and think about what you have done.....

I don't get the outcry here. I would say the same thing Carpino did.

I guess I'm an asshole.

I understand people thinking that the team was a bit harsh, the world has become increasingly more PC so the Angels comments seem out of place by current standards.  But what I don't really get is how some of the media is jumping on the Angels for "wanting to get out from under his bad contract" while at the same time ignoring the possibility Josh Hamilton's "noble" decision to turn himself in may have been nothing more than an attempt to guarantee his paycheck.  Even funnier, it was John Heyman and the media that leaked the info in the first place back in February and yet here they are pointing fingers.

The fact that both MLB and the Angels came out as hard as they have makes me wonder if they don't both feel as if JH played them for fools.   The entire thing seems so out of character, at least for the Angels.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Hey SOTO, Miller doesn't agree with you either. Maybe you can put him on ignore as well.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/angels-656756-hamilton-team.html

Well written article. Here's a quote from it. Where is Josh's accountability in all this?

“Every marriage that I know of is 50/50,” Dipoto said. “I don’t know another way to do it. If you’d like us to absorb 90/10 of the blame, then I think you’re wrong. At the end of the day, every marriage is 50/50.”

I like Miller's article, and I am annoyed at the self-righteous stance a lot of these journalists are taking against the Angels.

Still, while I may agree with Dipoto and Carpino's sentiments, I think they were pretty foolish to make them public. Honest or not, it reflects poorly on the org and reads more like sour grapes.

I'll guess that Arte and Hamilton had a heart-to-heart before his signing, and Josh assured Arte that his substance-abuse problems were behind him. Now Arte feels betrayed.

Has Hamilton apologized to Arte and the team?

I like the comments.

This player needs to be disciplined because he is clearly out of control and cannot conduct himself like a rational human being at this point. If you're a drug addict and have relapsed 3 times in the last 5 years it is quite frankly ridiculous that he is not being punished.

At this point the Angels need to eat the contract so this doesn't become an even bigger distraction down the road this season. I mean we all saw how Hamilton worked out sandbagging it in left during the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he was using during that series.  The bottom line is he can't even be trusted to be a veteran leader. He brings absolutely nothing to the team. His only asset on the Rangers was his talent. He doesn't have that talent anymore, and at this point he's just total dead weight that's going to take a spot from someone who works hard 

So basically, do whatever it takes Arte. Just put this disaster behind us already. Keeping him around is an even worse move than keeping Wells around for as long as we did was. This guy is just an endless distraction

Edited by Butcher'd

I like Miller's article, and I am annoyed at the self-righteous stance a lot of these journalists are taking against the Angels.

Still, while I may agree with Dipoto and Carpino's sentiments, I think they were pretty foolish to make them public. Honest or not, it reflects poorly on the org and reads more like sour grapes.

Depends on who the target audience is. I'm sure there are quite a few conservative, family values fans in OC that appreciate the tough talk for the benefit of their kids. I don't necessarily agree with the "won't somebody think of the children?!?" angle but I would understand why the FO might go that direction at the expense of Ken Rosenthal's delicate sensibilities.

I also don't give a damn what a bunch of Twitter addled communications majors think of the response from a "PR perspective". Every jackass who took an undergrad marketing class thinks they have relevant advice for a billion dollar enterprise.

Hamilton is narcissistic and can be pretty shitty at times, but it's still not a good idea to publicly alienate a player and imply that you don't want him on the team. And I really doubt Dipoto and company care what kind of message the decision sends to the kids. Like everyone else, they're disappointed that they'll have to pay the guy's salary. 

I'll guess that Arte and Hamilton had a heart-to-heart before his signing, and Josh assured Arte that his substance-abuse problems were behind him. Now Arte feels betrayed.

Has Hamilton apologized to Arte and the team?

LOL @ meeting an addict, befriending that addict, asking that addict if he's still an addict, believing that addict when he says he's no longer an addict, making a sizable investment into that addict's life, watching that addict not try, getting burned by that addict, finding out the addict is still an addict, and then getting mad at him.

Is this Hamilton's fault? Absolutely. In the same way that if I invite a freshly out-of-jail felon into my home and he murders my family it's the convicts fault. But for real, why the fukc did I let him into my home. That's definitely a question is have to ask myself.

Hey SOTO, Miller doesn't agree with you either. Maybe you can put him on ignore as well.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/angels-656756-hamilton-team.html

Eric, I put him on ignore several years ago when i canceled my subscription.

I have no problem with his opinion. I have mine, he has his.

You had a problem with my opinion, waste your time trying to find more people to disagree with me. I have no issue with people thinking the Angels were right for speaking out.

This is what I was saying. I never said i disagreed with their position - you just don't come out publicly.

And Dipoto became the spokesperson after Carpino seemingly shot his mouth off too quickly.

What would stop Hamilton from going on another bender tonight, then calling Manfred up tomorrow afternoon and reporting it, before being drug tested?  And again next week?  And again next month?

I am guessing that this is part of the Angels' frustration at this point, given the arbitrator's ruling.