• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Next Angels Manager Is...

Gene Mauch.

September 22, 1963:

Joe Morgan, just barely passed his 20th birthday, gets his first big league hit, a walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth for a 2-1 Houston win over the Phillies. Enraged, Philadelphia manager Gene Mauch goes to the post-game buffet and tosses it to the floor, handful by handful.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/15000-days-since-a-rare-marichal-feat/

I would hire Clint Hurdle.  He understands the hitting side, good all around experience and effectiveness with less than stellar lineups.  His contract with Pittsburgh runs through this season.

If I am Moreno: I'd ride out this season and let MS go if this team doesn't make the playoffs.  Period.  I would then hire Hurdle to maximize what should be a very deadly offensive lineup while my GM reloads the pitching.

For those who mentioned Servais...  He is very talented, and will probably end up getting a GM job at some point.  His current effort of restocking our minor league system is too important, I would not look at him for the coaching side.

Not a former Angel, but anyone think Tony Gwynn might potentially be interested or a candidate?

Tony has had three surgeries for salivary gland cancer.  He was quoted as saying one of the toughest things in his recovery was not being able to smile or be himself.  That would probably work here, there is nothing to smile about with the Angels right now.  However, he is way too heavy, and doesn't meet the requirements set down by mp170.6.