• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Next Angels Manager Is...

I know he's a popular suggestion and he was a really popular player here and all, but I'm not as on board with Erstad as a potential manager as most.

I loved him as a player, but he seems to me like he would be another bunty/small ball type manager.

I don't know, I wouldn't be throwing things if they interviewed a bunch of guys including him and chose him, but I don't think that he would be my first choice either.

Casey Stengal

stengel is buried here in glendale forrest lawn. i only know this because there used to be a hall of fame plague on the wall by his grave. went over to take a closer look and thought "that's kinda cool. i wonder where he's buried?" i was standing right on top of him.

i have no idea how he ended up out here. always figured he was a new york guy.

We need someone who can handle the veteran players as well as show patience to help develop the young ones. Somebody who understands saber metrics and can use the math as well as common sense. Scioiscia only does a couple of those things. It would be great to find someone who could do all of them.

Jose Mota

Honestly Mota is annoying in general, but he pretty much hits the nail in the head when he does his analysis at the end of the games.  I think he would do a good job as manager because at least he doesn't sugar coat things and sees them for what they are.

I'm NOT in the "fire Scioscia" mob, but if a change is made the Angels should promote 3B coach Dino Ebel. Even though he works for Scioscia his manager's style, based on what I saw the year he managed in Salt Lake, is completely different. He was firey, aggressive, and the team played focused baseball. If Scioscia goes, give Ebel the job for the rest of the season and give him a chance to prove himself.

I'm NOT in the "fire Scioscia" mob, but if a change is made the Angels should promote 3B coach Dino Ebel. Even though he works for Scioscia his manager's style, based on what I saw the year he managed in Salt Lake, is completely different. He was firey, aggressive, and the team played focused baseball. If Scioscia goes, give Ebel the job for the rest of the season and give him a chance to prove himself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^