• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sony Cancels The Interview

nate

There could be several reasons for this.  One of course is the possibility of terrorist attack or a repeat of the Aurora theater shooting.  I get they want to protect customers and the almighty dollar but this is what the terrorists want.  They want us to change our ways out of fear.  

It doesn't bother me though.  I wasn't going to see it on the big screen.  It is supposed to be on Starz but I am not sure how that is going to work now.  We have posters all over the building promoting it for August of 2015.

My girlfriend saw a screener of this some months back.  She wasn't really a fan of the movie but to be fair the Rogen/Franco combo isn't really her type of humor.  I think the threats and hacking are pretty sad but I can understand how Sony wouldn't want to be liable.  If even just one incident happened it would be even more of a PR nightmare for Sony.

My girlfriend saw a screener of this some months back.  She wasn't really a fan of the movie but to be fair the Rogen/Franco combo isn't really her type of humor.  I think the threats and hacking are pretty sad but I can understand how Sony wouldn't want to be liable.  If even just one incident happened it would be even more of a PR nightmare for Sony.

Just put a disclaimer on the ticket: "If you die while viewing the film Sony will not be liable."

Problem solved.

i think with the threat of attacks, you have to look honestly at what's in the best interest of your customers. what a PR nightmare it would be if the movie was released and some nut job went into one of the theaters showing it and opened fire, killing dozens of people.

i think the best thing sony could do to save face is release it on dvd asap, put it on netflix or itunes for free for a week, and get it on hbo/showtime etc. as soon as possible. they would still reach their target audience without anyone's safety being jeopardized.

It doesn't matter.  The point is this starts a trend where anyone with a computer can make threats and stop free speech.  If studios, publishers and recording companies start bowing to this it just wont stop.

Just to clarify, you're mad at Sony for pulling the film, or mad at the hackers for doing what they did?  Or both? 

how much do we know about this group that hacked sony's computers and is making the threats? do they have a history of committing violence against people? is it really the north koreans?

for me, there are too many unknowns about this group. i wasn't planning on seeing the movie, but i'd hate to see another mass shooting.

how much do we know about this group that hacked sony's computers and is making the threats? do they have a history of committing violence against people? is it really the north koreans?

for me, there are too many unknowns about this group. i wasn't planning on seeing the movie, but i'd hate to see another mass shooting.

The group had never been heard of until this.  The point is this will encourage terrorists to make threats any time there is a movie, book or record that they don't like.  Heck, it worked!