• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sony Cancels The Interview

nate

Right, because before the U.S. was around all those artists did their work for free. 

I don't know why you want to argue with me on this. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I'm all for free speech and satire but then nobody is planning a worldwide release of a movie based on murdering me. I'm sure all the artistes who have had their altruistic feelings hurt could find a way to get this released if they felt an overwhelming need to express themselves in this manner. On the other hand, the multinational megacorporate conglomerate that bankrolled this project has invoked their rights of ownership and chosen not to be a part of it. Isn't cowardice a protected form of speech as well?

I have to admit, I really don't get arch's angle on this.

North Korea essentially bullied a major corporation into not airing a film.  Free expression is one of the most important parts of this country and something we should protect.  I get that this wasn't our government and it is Sony covering their asses but they come off looking much worse than they would if they just stood up and told the hackers to **** off.

Obviously Sony is really worried about what else the hackers got.  I doubt they are taking the terrorist threats seriously.

tl;dr North Korea smacked our asses in a cyber war.

That they do. I remember watching one where they showed homeless people sleeping outside or standing in-line for a soup kitchen. They said that was how the average American lived.

Here it is. Apparently Americans like to eat pigeons* and drink coffee made of snow.

*The McRib notwithstanding.

I'm surprised there haven't been threats from Iran and Pakistan regarding Homeland. Last year, the season focused on executing a top official in the Iranian government and replacing him with an American agent. This season they are depicting the Pakistani government as working hand-in-hand with the Taliban.

EDIT: I suppose the difference is that Homeland doesn't use any real people, just real countries. If they had Quinn executing the actual Supreme Leader of Iran there might be some problems.

Edited by Taylor

101.gif

Its chief executive was regularly reminded in unsecure emails of his own secret passwords for his and his family’s mail, banking, travel and shopping accounts, according to a review of more than 32,000 stolen corporate emails circulating on the Internet.
The stolen files expose lax Internet security practices inside Sony such as pasting passwords into emails, using easy-to-guess passwords and failing to encrypt especially sensitive materials such as confidential salary and revenue figures, strategic plans and medical information about some employees. Experts say such haphazard practices are common across corporate America.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/sony-emails-reveal-a-studio-with-lax-internet-security-practices/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour

I was interested in seeing the movie. I assumed it would be of a similar funniness and silliness to This Is The End, which I enjoyed.

I can't understand why so many in this thread felt a need to let everyone know that while they opposed the actions of Sony, they "weren't gonna see this piece of shit anyways."

Were you afraid that a bunch of other random men from the internet might not think you are cool if you could possibly enjoy a (gasp!), Seth Rogen movie?

And to clarify for AW Coolness purposes, is Serh Rogen the new Will Ferrell?

Thanks!

^^^^^^ Seth Rogan superfan everybody ^^^^^

(Disclaimer: I like Seth Rogan movies)

I applaud the Sony Marketing Dept.  They took a POS movie, that would have box office receipts topping out at maybe $20 million, and have created so much buzz around it (by pulling the movie from release) that when they actually do release it, it's going to make 4 to 5 times that.  

Well played Sony.  Well played. 

i still think sony can save face on this by releasing the movie on video immediately, putting it on netflix immediately, and getting it onto hbo or showtime in january. they'll still get the movie out there for the public to see, and they'll still make money on it, all the while being prudent and not letting some maniacs have a big say in what movies are or are not made and released.

I was interested in seeing the movie. I assumed it would be of a similar funniness and silliness to This Is The End, which I enjoyed.

I can't understand why so many in this thread felt a need to let everyone know that while they opposed the actions of Sony, they "weren't gonna see this piece of shit anyways."

Were you afraid that a bunch of other random men from the internet might not think you are cool if you could possibly enjoy a (gasp!), Seth Rogen movie?

And to clarify for AW Coolness purposes, is Serh Rogen the new Will Ferrell?

Thanks!

Hi Seth