• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sony Cancels The Interview

nate

The group had never been heard of until this.  The point is this will encourage terrorists to make threats any time there is a movie, book or record that they don't like.  Heck, it worked!

The storyline of the movie did more than enough to encourage the threats. 

Did you honestly expect North Korea to remain silent in light of this film?

The group had never been heard of until this.  The point is this will encourage terrorists to make threats any time there is a movie, book or record that they don't like.  Heck, it worked!

i understand the point completely, but it only takes one incident for this to become another nightmare. would you have risked going to see it in a theater? what if this group proves to be every bit as violent as they've threatened to be? i understand the slippery slope here, but in this case with so many unknowns, i don't think it unreasonable to error on the side of caution. sony can still make their money from this movie in other ways and find ways to get their products into people's hands without putting them at nearly so much risk.

i understand the point completely, but it only takes one incident for this to become another nightmare. would you have risked going to see it in a theater? what if this group proves to be every bit as violent as they've threatened to be? i understand the slippery slope here, but in this case with so many unknowns, i don't think it unreasonable to error on the side of caution. sony can still make their money from this movie in other ways and find ways to get their products into people's hands without putting them at nearly so much risk.

One can take that argument on any threat.  That is part of the risk of freedom.  I would rather be free than safe.

Not the point.  Should that be a consideration from now on?  Who could we piss off if we make this? 

The movie was intended to be inflammatory toward North Korea and Kim Jong-un.  They writers and producers KNEW it was going to further strain relations between the US and North Korea.  They KNEW that Kim Jong-un, given his past history, would have done something to retaliate. 

What do you have to say to American hostages held by North Korea?  F you...your life doesn't matter, we're going to produce this movie anyway, enjoy being tortured, try not to get killed? 

The movie was intended to be inflammatory toward North Korea and Kim Jong-un. They writers and producers KNEW it was going to further strain relations between the US and North Korea. They KNEW that Kim Jong-un, given his past history, would have done something to retaliate.

What do you have to say to American hostages held by North Korea? F you...your life doesn't matter, we're going to produce this movie anyway, enjoy being tortured, try not to get killed?

Don't write comedies anymore they might offend someone.

Don't write comedies anymore they might offend someone.

You're missing the point. 

This isn't some average joe the movie is mocking, it's a lunatic dictator who is holding Americans hostage.  And we purposely set out to anger him.  The production of this movie lessens the chance any American captured by North Korea will ever come home alive. 

The movie was intended to be inflammatory toward North Korea and Kim Jong-un.  They writers and producers KNEW it was going to further strain relations between the US and North Korea.  They KNEW that Kim Jong-un, given his past history, would have done something to retaliate. 

What do you have to say to American hostages held by North Korea?  F you...your life doesn't matter, we're going to produce this movie anyway, enjoy being tortured, try not to get killed? 

I am not arguing whether it was a good idea to make the movie or whether the movie is good or not.  

Using your logic we shouldn't have made Zero Dark Thirty.

I am not arguing whether it was a good idea to make the movie or whether the movie is good or not.  

Using your logic we shouldn't have made Zero Dark Thirty.

Answer my question, mt.  How do you justify your position to American hostages subject to daily suffering at the hands of Kim Jong-un's regime?

Answer my question, mt. How do you justify your position to American hostages subject to daily suffering at the hands of Kim Jong-un's regime?

How stupid mp. Why in the hell should artists consider that before making a movie, a comedy at that? Did the South Park guys care about that? Did Tarantino worry about offending African Americans when he wrote Django? Or should Edward Norton have cared about portraying a racist in American History X? Its called make believe.