• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sony Cancels The Interview

nate

What I find odd about this whole thing.  Threats against Sony.  Threats against movie theaters who show it.  No threats against the people who acted in, wrote, produced the film.  

Makes me think this isn't North Korea getting their panties in a wad.  But some inside job, probably by a techie that got laid off months before, like the company actually did.

How stupid mp. Why in the hell should artists consider that before making a movie, a comedy at that? Did the South Park guys care about that? Did Tarantino worry about offending African Americans when he wrote Django? Or should Edward Norton have cared about portraying a racist in American History X? Its called make believe.

Are you really that naive?  Nobody in the examples you cited would kill random people to retaliate for the movie's content. 

Kim Jong-un, on the other hand, kills people all the time.  It's a hobby for him.  He doesn't need a good reason to kill or torture people.   

Are you really that naive? Nobody in the examples you cited would kill random people to retaliate for the movie's content.

Kim Jong-un, on the other hand, kills people all the time. It's a hobby for him. He doesn't need a good reason to kill or torture people.

Well then I guess whether or not this movie gets made has no bearing on whether or not a crazy guy would kill more people.

Are you really that naive?  Nobody in the examples you cited would kill random people to retaliate for the movie's content. 

Kim Jong-un, on the other hand, kills people all the time.  It's a hobby for him.  He doesn't need a good reason to kill or torture people.   

What about Zero Dark Thirty?  Iran has American hostages so do ISIS.  So we should not make any movies or books that might piss off muslims?

Oh and South Park did make fun of North Korea. So if none of my examples would not kill random people then this movie can be made.

Nobody takes South Park very seriously.  I think even North Korea realizes it's just a cartoon. 

The movie (if I understand the plot) is predicated on killing Kim Jong-un.  Big difference.

Do you think the American hostages in his custody have a better or worse chance of coming home alive in the wake of this movie?

Actually I am surprised you are even typing any of this, just in case someone in NK reads it, then texts crazy dictator dude, then he goes on another rampage, all because you typed what you typed.

Nobody takes South Park very seriously. I think even North Korea realizes it's just a cartoon.

The movie (if I understand the plot) is predicated on killing Kim Jong-un. Big difference.

So they understand that South Park shouldn't be taken seriously, but they don't understand that a comedy shouldn't be taken seriously. Got it.

Actually I am surprised you are even typing any of this, just in case someone in NK reads it, then texts crazy dictator dude, then he goes on another rampage, all because you typed what you typed.

You didn't like the question, did you Stradling?  That's why you're offering a straw man response?

So they understand that South Park shouldn't be taken seriously, but they don't understand that a comedy shouldn't be taken seriously. Got it.

South Park is a cartoon with people whose voices and physical appearance don't even resemble people.  Half the time, I don't even understand what they are saying.

The Interview is a movie with real people, and the whole movie appears to be about Kim Jong-un.  How much the plot centers on killing him, I have no idea.  But just think about it.  An isolated comment here and there on South Park pales in comparison to a movie, a comedy none the less, about assassinating a living dictator.  Which do you think North Korea would take more seriously?

To be clear, this hack has exposed the financial information, social security numbers, addresses, and personal emails of thousands of Sony employees, not just executives.  It isn't just affecting a bigwig and some movies.  The lives of many people who make modest wages are now ****ed and will require credit protection for the rest of their lives.

Saying North Korea did the right thing is idiotic.

The movie is about two dip shits executing a dictator.  Hundreds of these movies have been made over the years.