• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Angels Trade Josh Hamilton - Ken Rosenthal column

bloodbrother

There is no team in the league will take on his reminding 3 years 90 mil contract unless the Angels agree to eat at least 2/3 of it. 

And I don't think the Angels are ready to do that yet, at least not this year. Hamilton was often injury last season and he was never in a rhythm, I think the Angels will give him one more year, if he fails again, then they'll move him. 

There is no team in the league will take on his reminding 3 years 90 mil contract unless the Angels agree to eat at least 2/3 of it. 

And I don't think the Angels are ready to do that yet, at least not this year. Hamilton was often injury last season and he was never in a rhythm, I think the Angels will give him one more year, if he fails again, then they'll move him. 

Rangers would probably trade Fielder for Hamilton in a second. 

The most ridiculous thing about this is that these are probably the two least likely teams to trade for Hamilton. The Padres have a tiny payroll and just blew a ton on Kemp, and the Rangers already have a ton of bad money on the books and know Hamilton (and his flaws) better than any team.

Edited by wopphil

A team MIGHT take Hamilton if they "only" have to pay 3/$30M, but even that would be a long-shot.

I think at this point it isn't worth the risk for another team to take him on for even that much, and it isn't worth it for the Angels to have to eat $60M+. There is some hope that he can at least be an above average player next year - maybe .270/.800 with 25 HR. That's possible.

I don't think I'd trade him. Kendrick's gone and the Angels need offense. It's highly unlikely Hamilton makes up for the offense lost, but he's also one of a few players that are capable of recouping that offense single handedly.

I'd keep Josh Hamilton specifically because of what he could be. If he actually turns into the Hamilton of old, the Angels offense will break some team records.

>>If anything, the moves the Angels have made this offseason — acquiring outfielder Matt Joyce from the Rays on Tuesday and hiring Johnny Narron, Hamilton’s former accountability partner with the Rangers, as their Triple-A hitting coach — were designed to benefit Hamilton.>>

End of story....