• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Angels Trade Josh Hamilton - Ken Rosenthal column

bloodbrother

If the Angels want to free themselves of their contracts they will have to pick up most of Hamilton's contract and 25-30% of CJ's contract. I am not saying it is the right thing to do, but they have put the Angels in a position to at least consider it. They both had poor years last year and they both are paid a ton of money compared to how they performed last year, and in Hamilton's case the last two years. Then again, you already know this TD, you are just doing your thang.

my thang?  my thang is posting what I feel ... I won't let you feel my thang.

His 2013 year wasn't by any means a disaster. We was third on the team in HR's, RBI's, and runs scored. We all expected more of course for $25M ... I know I did.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. There is 0 value in eating that much money for any player.

You're return would be shit and you'd owe money to someone not even contributing.

The best bet is to hope he turns it around. Even if he is injured athletes generally have portions or their contract covered by insurance.

Paying the amounts thrown around just to have a guy off the team is asinine.

not the Rangers -- the one place where Josh Hamilton might actually be somewhat productive at the plate (remember Vlad Guerrero? and that great first half of the season he had in Texas that one year  - he made the All Star team and then pretty much saw a major fade the second half).

The Padres?  We would certainly have to pay much of Hamilton's contract to have him go there  -- of all the places Hamilton could play - Petco Park has to be about the worst fit for him -- an NL pitcher's park which means no DH (and Hamilton, once pretty good in the field is more than questionable these days -- his best defensive position now is DH).....and then there's the park -- Hamilton -- if he played regularly to start the season might be batting close to .185 through May at Petco --- I think NL pitchers would go right at him......really his post-season ABs last year were among the worst I've ever seen from a MLB hitter who wasn't a pitcher.........awful.

Trying too hard? I was referencing the Angels eating LARGE portions of their contracts. I get the feeling you think Hamilton and Wilson are done. If it was your money you might feel a little different about it.

If it were my money I would try to get some production out of it - not pay it for a player to play for a division rival.

As much as we'd all like him and his money gone, for now he has to get another shot. If money wasnt an issue, and we had a bonafide replacement, then you do it. But it isnt, and we dont.

Next winter could be different. Maybe he has a decent season and we can eat say 30 mill or whatever and send him somewhere for the last 2 years, and we pick up a better player. But thats not in the cards right now

We weren't better off getting nothing but paying a ton of his salary either.

I'd rather take the chance of production and paying someone than no chance of production and paying someone.

Although, this whole thread is a joke and click bait by Rosenthal. He titles about trading for clicks then the whole article is how he is staying. Just ridiculous journalism.

As much as we'd all like him and his money gone, for now he has to get another shot. If money wasnt an issue, and we had a bonafide replacement, then you do it. But it isnt, and we dont.

Next winter could be different. Maybe he has a decent season and we can eat say 30 mill or whatever and send him somewhere for the last 2 years, and we pick up a better player. But thats not in the cards right now

Corner OF who're as productive as Hamilton aren't hard to find. We just found one for a mid level reliever. So bonafide replacements are all over the place.

Corner OF who're as productive as Hamilton aren't hard to find. We just found one for a mid level reliever. So bonafide replacements are all over the place.

Corner OF who can do what Hamilton did last season are easy to find. Corner OF with the potential to carry an offense for large stretches not so easy. Maybe he doesn't have that in him any more but they have to find out before they pay someone else to take him.

I blame Mike Scioscia:

1. He never gave Napoli a fair shot, making him expendable.

2. Napoli traded to get a power hitter :rolleyes:

3. Napoli makes his way to Texas and becomes a power hitter.

4. Napoli embarrasses The Angels every time he plays them, enraging Arte.

5. Arte wants to return the favor by stealing Hamilton, and having him do to Texas what was done to the Angels.

6. Hamilton signs a ridiculous contract with the Angels

7. Hamilton sucks, and he is ours for 5 years.

8. Angels embarrassed again

I blame Mike Scioscia:

1. He never gave Napoli a fair shot, making him expendable.

2. Napoli traded to get a power hitter :rolleyes:

3. Napoli makes his way to Texas and becomes a power hitter.

4. Napoli embarrasses The Angels every time he plays them, enraging Arte.

5. Arte wants to return the favor by stealing Hamilton, and having him do to Texas what was done to the Angels.

6. Hamilton signs a ridiculous contract with the Angels

7. Hamilton sucks, and he is ours for 5 years.

8. Angels embarrassed again

very dramatic.

i wish josh and cj well- away from the angels.

But who would that be? Sure, we can make another move, but who can we get that will be better than hamilton? And im not a fan of hamilton (at all), but theres not a whole lot better than him whos available for what we have to trade (unless we start flipping our young pitching...)

But who would that be? Sure, we can make another move, but who can we get that will be better than hamilton? And im not a fan of hamilton (at all), but theres not a whole lot better than him whos available for what we have to trade (unless we start flipping our young pitching...)

I hear an arthritic Matt Kemp might be available.

We weren't better off getting nothing but paying a ton of his salary either.

I'd rather take the chance of production and paying someone than no chance of production and paying someone.

Although, this whole thread is a joke and click bait by Rosenthal. He titles about trading for clicks then the whole article is how he is staying. Just ridiculous journalism.

No, it was better to get rid of Wells and pay him for nothing. He was blocking development of younger players. Hamilton is not quite there yet, but it is on the horizon.