• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

It's hard to imagine selling the X Box One X (Yes the acronym for the XBox One X is XBOX) for much less than $499 right now considering the components inside it. Having the budget system and the premium system seems as good a strategy hardware wise as you're going to get. If it really can support VR (Occulus?) at that price point then it becomes that much more compelling. Their focus needs to be on the games. The Forza series is certainly a match (and likely more) than the at this point unreliable GT series. The assumed GoW and Halo future games are fine if tired. But they don't have much in the broader appeal games though that Sony does with Naughty Dog and that is killing them with everything else basically being equal, unless MLB the Show is a bigger system mover than what I give it credit for.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a high end rig as well and... I don't game on it at all anymore except for some occasional Kerbal Space Program.

I got Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD on PS4 and have been playing through the first KH again.  I snickered at this game for a long time before finally playing it the first time because the idea seemed really lame but they are such good games.  Square rarely makes a bad game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 8:43 AM, nate said:

I have a high end rig as well and... I don't game on it at all anymore except for some occasional Kerbal Space Program.

I got Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD on PS4 and have been playing through the first KH again.  I snickered at this game for a long time before finally playing it the first time because the idea seemed really lame but they are such good games.  Square rarely makes a bad game.

Glad to hear this.  In my younger days I rejected it seemed "lame" but since they announced it ive been pretty interested.  I'll probably pick it up. I've never heard anything  but good things. 

Also, is anyone gonna be checking out Destiny 2 during the beta on PS4 ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Glad to hear this.  In my younger days I rejected it seemed "lame" but since they announced it ive been pretty interested.  I'll probably pick it up. I've never heard anything  but good things. 

Also, is anyone gonna be checking out Destiny 2 during the beta on PS4 ?

I will probably get Destiny 2 on PC.  Before I quit wow I traded in all my gold for battle.net currency.  Ended up with nearly $700 so pretty much every Blizzard game will be free for me for a long time.

As for KH, finished the first one and started the second one.  The second one is also very good but the first one is an all timer.  You might consider using a strategy guide though, there is so much to do and find.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:37 AM, TobiasFunke said:

Went full nerd and decided to start reading The Witcher books. Half way through the series now.

my nephew's wife loves them. she went to PAX a couple of years ago, and won about $200 or merchandise because she destroyed everybody in a trivia competition. 

she's super excited about the new witcher tv series that's in development. so am i.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

4 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

my nephew's wife loves them. she went to PAX a couple of years ago, and won about $200 or merchandise because she destroyed everybody in a trivia competition. 

she's super excited about the new witcher tv series that's in development. so am i.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

The books have been good. But I was thinking about a week ago that since I believe the first book/short stories there hasn't been one instance where The Witcher actually fights a creature which is strange. Though good books nonetheless. I think the stories and characters are so good and can almost be on par with Game of Thrones. They could make a show just as popular as GoT in my opinion if done correctly.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

See there is a series, and collection of short stories. What would you start with?

This is technically how you're supposed to read the stories:

• The Last Wish (short story collection)
  • Sword of Destiny (short story collection)
  • Blood of Elves (beginning of novels)
  • Time of Contempt
  • Baptism of Fire
  • The Tower of Swallows
  • Lady of the Lake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, nate said:

I thought Destiny 2 didn't come out until like October?  I noticed there is an open beta.

I have played a little bit of Diablo 3 lately, but mostly playing VR games on my Oculus Rift.

Amazon shows "Destiny 2" being released on Sept 6th.

I never played Destiny before as I usually don't engaged Multiplayer or Co-op but, if the single player campaign is good, I might give it a shot.

Honestly, though, not much has got me hooked lately.  I've been playing "Prey" and replaying Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Dragon Age Inquisition and Fallout 4 just to visit and the familiar and have a little fun.