• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why? 

For hyperbolic effect...I don't pre-order games, just thought it would be a funny thing to say.

So, with EA releasing the next "Battlefield" title around the same time, it makes sense why they wanted "Anthem" to release around Jan - Mar 2019...not only would they be completing against their product but competing against another highly anticipated title as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a Halo fan since Halo 1. 

There's a twitch streamer named ninja who recently quit playing competitive Halo to stream Fortnite full time. 

He has nearly 70K twitch subscribers. 

That means he is making more than $3 mill/year playing video games. 

Insanity. 

14 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

I've been a Halo fan since Halo 1. 

There's a twitch streamer named ninja who recently quit playing competitive Halo to stream Fortnite full time. 

He has nearly 70K twitch subscribers. 

Insanity. 

Yeah, beats what I'm doing...although I can't watch Twitch streams of anything for more than a few minutes at a time.  

22 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

Insanity. 

That wouldn't even count patreon, donations and God knows everything else they could potentially make money on.

15 hours ago, Thomas said:

That wouldn't even count patreon, donations and God knows everything else they could potentially make money on.

And sponsorships.

I was reading about Overwatch League, which I have really enjoyed watching, and they have a minimum salary of 50k, but for the "starters" on each team, they all make close to $1m/year plus sponsorships and any streaming/etc they do.

15 minutes ago, nate said:

And sponsorships.

I was reading about Overwatch League, which I have really enjoyed watching, and they have a minimum salary of 50k, but for the "starters" on each team, they all make close to $1m/year plus sponsorships and any streaming/etc they do.

Yeah it's crazy but I suppose no worse than the activity this website is (loosely) based on.

That is funny because I was fourty when I started gaming online with my kids and was never able to catch up skillwise to those Dr Pepper addicts.

My middle son still plays like he is interconnected to the world of any game he plays and there was a time when my youngest was ranked in the top 100 of Warcraft, I think he said for a couple months he broke the top 20. Should have monetised their addictions.

Edited by Blarg

4 hours ago, nate said:

And sponsorships.

I've been watching some of the Overwatch League matches too and actually found those more enjoyable than playing in Season 8 (I think that's the one that just ended or is about to).  I know one of the kids who played for USA in the Overwatch WC signed a 150K contract and also read that guys in the league make a minimum of 50K plus benefits.  Funny thing is that kid is on one of the Overwatch League teams and I noticed whenever his team played he wasn't playing and supposedly it's because he isn't 18 yet and that's one of the league requirements.  I don't think I'll ever stop tripping over how far esports have come since anything close to this was a pipe dream when I was playing online in the late 90's.  

Also your comic is spot on.  Any time I play Overwatch I always wonder how well I would have played if it came out when I was in my teens.  I don't have the drive or desire to play as often as it takes to get into the top ranks and I know even if I did I'd get smoked.      

• 1 month later...

just ordered a gaming pc that will arrive next wednesday

1080 ti with an i7 cpu

i'm not the type to sit in front of a computer screen to play games, or to use a keyboard and mouse for games, and i'll be hooking this up to my 4K tv and using my Xbox One controller. 

my tv has 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and low input lag.

i've been wanting to get a gaming pc for a long time, and finally bit the bullet because so many of my friends are playing fortnite and pubg.  looking forward to this. 

• 3 weeks later...

cancelled my order because it wasn't going to be ready until the end of may

building my own instead. i have everything except the gpu now.  just waiting for 1080ti founders editions to go back on sale at the nvidia store

On 4/29/2018 at 2:48 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

cancelled my order because it wasn't going to be ready until the end of may

building my own instead. i have everything except the gpu now.  just waiting for 1080ti founders editions to go back on sale at the nvidia store

If you can wait, the new chipset from nvidia should be out in the next couple months.

Also, don't get the founders edition, they have lots of issues.

Go with EVGA or MSI, the small updates they do to cooling are worth it.

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Yep.  I plan on getting a PS4 solely for this.  I kinda hope they create a bundle for it

yeah, I was trying to find a ported or re-mastered version of the original for ps4, but it's not available unless you order that weird monthly service Sony is doing for streaming a bulk of their library.

I've been on a noir kick lately, so I bought la noire yesterday to tide me over for a bit. I think this was the first platinum trophy I ever got back on the ps3.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, nate said:

If you can wait, the new chipset from nvidia should be out in the next couple months.

Also, don't get the founders edition, they have lots of issues.

Go with EVGA or MSI, the small updates they do to cooling are worth it.

I actually ordered an aftermarket card, and then cancelled it when I saw the prices were going down pretty much every day. 

So now I have a full PC built with the OS installed, but can't do any gaming until I get that darned GPU.  

Stumbled across this gem about a month ago. http://spaceengine.org/

Basically, you can explore the whole universe, from planets to stars and even entire galaxies. Over 100k real cataloged celestial objects. Uncharted regions have procedural generated objects. Its hard to put into words the scale of the simulation. Its incredible! You can land on Planets, fly through a nebula, watch an eclipse on an alien world in another galaxy. Hell you can do just about anything. I could go on and on, but i suggest trying it for yourselves. Game is free and PC only. Check the link to the site for more info + photos/ videos. From what i understand this is one man working on this. It is still in dev, but is far along with more on the way in the coming months/years. This the probably the best space sim i have ever played in all my years of gaming. If you any interest in exploring not only our Galaxy, but our ENTIRE universe this is the simulation for you.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:38 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

I actually ordered an aftermarket card, and then cancelled it when I saw the prices were going down pretty much every day. 

So now I have a full PC built with the OS installed, but can't do any gaming until I get that darned GPU.  

I have the EVGA 1080 SSC card.  They upgrade the cooling a bit.  Also comes with a 3 year warranty which is about how long until you will  want to purchase a new card.

With that said, if you can wait, the new cards that come out this summer should be significantly improved.