• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

mulwin444

10 hours ago, nate said:

I have the EVGA 1080 SSC card.  They upgrade the cooling a bit.  Also comes with a 3 year warranty which is about how long until you will  want to purchase a new card.

With that said, if you can wait, the new cards that come out this summer should be significantly improved more expensive.

• 4 weeks later...

ended up getting a 1070ti until the new chipset comes out

i'm satisfied with playing at 60fps/1080p for now, but look forward to being able to do the same at 4K 

been playing a lot of destiny 2, which is amazing on pc, and gta v. 

On 3/2/2018 at 11:10 AM, Blarg said:

That is funny because I was fourty when I started gaming online with my kids and was never able to catch up skillwise to those Dr Pepper addicts.

My middle son still plays like he is interconnected to the world of any game he plays and there was a time when my youngest was ranked in the top 100 of Warcraft, I think he said for a couple months he broke the top 20. Should have monetised their addictions.

Its true Dr. Pepper is the ultimate soda for video gaming, used to drink a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper on gaming nights when i played Guild Wars 1 til 5 in the morning, that game was a blast, now that its mostly dead there isn't any MMO's that are instanced in the way the first guildwars game was, now all MMOs are persistent worlds.

Watched a good amount of EA Play and E3 so far and holy balls:

Aug 10: We Happy Few 
Sept 7: Spider-Man
Sept 14: Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Oct 5: Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey

Oct 12: Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
Oct 16: Battlefield V
Oct 26: RDR 2

Nov 14: Fallout 76

Dec 4: Just Cause 4

Dec 31: Crackdown 3

Feb 22 2019: Anthem, Metro Exodus, Days Gone

Not enough hours...

27 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Not enough hours...

Also in 2019: Total War: Three Kingdoms (a dark age era China total war game).

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is coming soon as well.

Of those one's you listed i'm most excited for Shadow of the tomb raider, Battlefield 5 just to see if it brings back BF1942 vibe & Fallout 76 to see how good the much bigger world is. Not sure about COD BO3 cause their most recent title doesn't have anti-cheat software at all even though it said it has Steam's VAC anti cheat its not implemented so i'm expecting more of the same with that game.

6 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Also in 2019: Total War: Three Kingdoms (a dark age era China total war game).

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is coming soon as well.

Of those one's you listed i'm most excited for Shadow of the tomb raider, Battlefield 5 just to see if it brings back BF1942 vibe & Fallout 76 to see how good the much bigger world is. Not sure about COD BO3 cause their most recent title doesn't have anti-cheat software at all even though it said it has Steam's VAC anti cheat its not implemented so i'm expecting more of the same with that game.

I'm likely getting Red Dead, Anthem, AC Odyssey, and Fallout 76

7 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Not enough hours...

We Happy Few is one that I'm really looking forward to. 

Fallout 76 looks like it will be fun to play with friends, and also looks to have infinite trolling opportunities. 

Crackdown 3 was supposed to be a nearly 100% destructible open world, but I didn't see any of that in the little bit of game play they showed. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, TobiasFunke said:

Finally got around to playing ME: Andromeda. It's "meh" so far like all the reviews made it out to be. Sorry Mul.

I think I'm about 60% done with it.

No problem for me as I didn't make it! ?

For me, I've played it through a bunch of times with playthroughs ranging from 40hrs to 110hrs.  Just some advice to streamline it if you are mired somewhere:

- Any mission labeled "Task:" is not necessary to complete.

- Every planet can be made 100% viable by simply activating the planet's vault and doing the required planet-specific missions (ex. On Voeld, destroying the Kett base and activating the vault will put you right near 100%. Kadara - Reyes/Sloane missions and Vault activation)

- You CAN research and upgrade weapons and armor but enemies will drop gear equivalent to your level.  Or, once you get AVP perk, select the one for weapon/gear caches scattered around planets as they will give you plenty.

- If you stick to planets specific missions, companion/loyalty missions, Arc rescue missions, and main narrative, you could finish a tight playthrough in 40-50 hrs.

I ended up giving it between 8 to 8.5

In my opinion, it has some of the best combat and, with the jet pack, lateral and vertical movement of any BioWare game to date.  Some of the levels are beautifully thought out and rendered, especially the respective main vaults, and really take advantage of the added dimension of the jetpack. My criticisms with it are with UI and how they display the mission as you can get a bit lost.  For me, the game really excels when the action is on foot, like the initial mission on Habitat 7 or the jungle planet Havarl.  Even Eos initially (when you meet Peebee and Drack and activate the first vault) is pretty tight and directed as it's "corridor-ed" by the high levels of radiation.  It's when they open it up that you start getting Assassin's Creed-like "map fatigue" with all the markers scattered with busy-stuff.  Overall, Kadara and Eladaan after Eos, Havarl, and Voeld is just too much but, once you finish Eladaan, the game gets back on the rails with the main narrative and finishes strong with one of the best climaxes in the Mass Effect series.  Additionally, I would encourage you to complete the "Ryder's Family Secrets" mission in it's entirety, including visiting SAM Node on the Hyperion when prompted, as it has one of more engaging narratives in the game.  Sorry to hear it hasn't been to your liking, hope it improves as you go along!

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

No problem for me as I didn't make it! ?

For me, I've played it through a bunch of times with playthroughs ranging from 40hrs to 110hrs.  Just some advice to streamline it if you are mired somewhere:

- Any mission labeled "Task:" is not necessary to complete.

- Every planet can be made 100% viable by simply activating the planet's vault and doing the required planet-specific missions (ex. On Voeld, destroying the Kett base and activating the vault will put you right near 100%. Kadara - Reyes/Sloane missions and Vault activation)

- You CAN research and upgrade weapons and armor but enemies will drop gear equivalent to your level.  Or, once you get AVP perk, select the one for weapon/gear caches scattered around planets as they will give you plenty.

- If you stick to planets specific missions, companion/loyalty missions, Arc rescue missions, and main narrative, you could finish a tight playthrough in 40-50 hrs.

I ended up giving it between 8 to 8.5

In my opinion, it has some of the best combat and, with the jet pack, lateral and vertical movement of any BioWare game to date.  Some of the levels are beautifully thought out and rendered, especially the respective main vaults, and really take advantage of the added dimension of the jetpack. My criticisms with it are with UI and how they display the mission as you can get a bit lost.  For me, the game really excels when the action is on foot, like the initial mission on Habitat 7 or the jungle planet Havarl.  Even Eos initially (when you meet Peebee and Drack and activate the first vault) is pretty tight and directed as it's "corridor-ed" by the high levels of radiation.  It's when they open it up that you start getting Assassin's Creed-like "map fatigue" with all the markers scattered with busy-stuff.  Overall, Kadara and Eladaan after Eos, Havarl, and Voeld is just too much but, once you finish Eladaan, the game gets back on the rails with the main narrative and finishes strong with one of the best climaxes in the Mass Effect series.  Additionally, I would encourage you to complete the "Ryder's Family Secrets" mission in it's entirety, including visiting SAM Node on the Hyperion when prompted, as it has one of more engaging narratives in the game.  Sorry to hear it hasn't been to your liking, hope it improves as you go along!

I just saved the Salarian Ark and I feel like I'm back on a linear track like you said. I'm definitely doing the Ryder's Family Secrets. My biggest issue is the "menu" and everything else is so hard to figure out. I haven't even bothered crafting or buying/selling stuff. It's so non-user friendly. I came to the conclusion last night that I don't have to buy, sell, craft, etc. because so long as I upgrade my weapons via pick ups I'm kicking ass through the story just fine. It's just all a bit confusing to me.

4 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I just saved the Salarian Ark and I feel like I'm back on a linear track like you said. I'm definitely doing the Ryder's Family Secrets. My biggest issue is the "menu" and everything else is so hard to figure out. I haven't even bothered crafting or buying/selling stuff. It's so non-user friendly. I came to the conclusion last night that I don't have to buy, sell, craft, etc. because so long as I upgrade my weapons via pick ups I'm kicking ass through the story just fine. It's just all a bit confusing to me.

Yeah, I think that was confusing for a lot of people.  What BioWare really needed to do was come right out and say "you CAN do these things but don't NEED to do these things" and it would have saved a lot of headaches.  And this could be said with most of the game - you CAN explore, you CAN do all the tasks, you CAN mine minerals, you CAN craft...all these things are possible...you just don't NEED to to get the best playthrough.  They did a poor job of communicating that though. 

Problem was EA pushed the game out the door before it was ready (they needed a game for their empty 2016  financial fourth quarter, which ranged from Jan to March 2017, and "ME:A" was it) so some systems that would have been re-worked through QA got put out as-is and the game suffered for it.  

Depending on your playthrough and profile, there are few things I would absolutely recommend crafting if you want to take the time:

- The "Ghost" assault rifle is, in my opinion, the best AR in the game but can only be crafted and not found.  Blueprints are in the "Research" partition.  

- The Dhan shotgun is the most powerful I've encountered.  You can find those out in loot drops but I liked crafting mine.

- The Heleus Armor.  It can only be crafted but it was one of the best.

- Usually have the Blackwidow Sniper Rifle and modify it to 4 shots before having to reload.

Obviously, the Angaran, Kett and other armors you find in the field work as well but I found these as a step above.

As for selling, I just go in and sell everything that I'm not equipped with to make it easier.  I also stock up on the Remnant Keys so I don't have to mess with the puzzles.  

I usually use the "Explorer" profile and have powers defaulted to left trigger with "Pull", right trigger with "Throw" and cycle the third power as either "Flamethrower" or "Backlash".

• 3 weeks later...