• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland will not make the playoffs

ABC

I'm afraid all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant - Yamamoto

Let sleeping dogs lie - anonymous

Hi Carl. How's it going buddy? - Scott

We went from 3 1/2 back to 5 games up in 18 days. Oakland has a great team and they could do the same. When the math says Oaklands done then I can relax. Not before.

Oakland isn't a great team

Oakland isn't a great team

I don't think it's that so much as I think they aren't used to being the team with the target on it's back.  

They have been lucky to always be that team that was supposedly "overachieving", there was never any shame in losing.... blah blah blah, no money meant no pressure, they would get praised no matter what.   When they made those big ticket trades for what most people considered "Aces" they suddenly went from spunky underdog chasing down the big guys to the team others were hunting after.  Being expected to win it all or be considered a failure isn't easy, the A's are in that position for the first time in a long, long time, possibly the Bash Brothers era and they seem to be pressing.

Seattle is playing really loose, the A's meanwhile are looking up at the Angels while at the same time looking over their shoulders at Seattle.  Were it not for that four game sweep the Angels might have been the ones with their heads on a swivel.

I won't write them off because I do think they are a very good team but I'm glad the Angels aren't in their shoes -- especially with the offense MIA since the ASB.

Seattle's current big 3 is beyond filthy (Feliz, Iwakuma, Paxton), plus Young is a decent/solid #4.

Their hitting has also picked up.

The Mariners have a chance to put up a sub-3.00 ERA this year (currently it's 3.05). They could be the first AL team to do that since the 1974 A's, which featured Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, and Rollie Fingers. Ken Holtzman also won 19 games that year.

The M's odds of making the post-season could soon leap frog the A'ths.

The 2nd WC spot seems to be coming down to which team doesn't want it less, as both the A'ths and Tigers seem to not want post-season play the way they've played for the past month plus.

It's ironic, since those two teams added the top available starting pitchers in Lester and Price.

A'ths are just 5-5 against Houston since starting off 6-1 against them.

Their 4 game series in Chicago next week may well foretell their chances of playing in October.

Edited by Angel Oracle

This sounds like a tinfoil hat conspiracy, but I wonder if the A's are trying to spite Beane. Donaldson ****ing strolled to first base during that bases loaded double play. 

If they were, it would be well within his right to trade them all away.  It's not like he sat on his hands and did nothing like the GM in Toronto.   A's painted themselves into a corner.  They have 9 pending FA's this year another 5 the year after that.   Getting Griffin and Parker back will help a lot, but they may end up having to move them (and Shark), like they did Cahill an Anderson just to fill the holes they have everywhere else.

That depends do you consider the wild card game playoffs. If not, then no.

I think you need to really look at your definition of a playoff.  

Yes the wild card game is a playoff game.  It is not scheduled on the regular season roster.  It is not a tie breaker.  It is a playoff.  

That being said I don't think they make it even as a WC.  They only have a 1.5 game lead in the WC and they are tanking bad.  They have lost 9 of 11.  Yes four were against the Angels but the other five were against Houston and White Sox.  Playing bad is an understatement.