• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland will not make the playoffs

ABC

I'm beginning to think we're better off against the A's than the M's in the playoffs. Felix, Iwakuma and Paxton and they can score runs. The A's are struggling to score, given our pitching question marks, I might just root for Oakland this weekend against the M's.

Regardless of who we play there will be no easy series' in the AL playoffs this year. A's, M's, O's, Royals and Tigers all solid teams.

All three of those teams are not pushovers. Not by any means.

The playoffs are going to be intensely competitive and exciting. I can't wait!

Yeah, we haven't fared well against the Orioles this season. And In 2 starts vs the Royals, Shoemaker has pitched 9 innings, with 10 ER (though it's heavily weighted to 1 horrible game against them).

The Mariners wouldn't be easy either. I wouldn't be thrilled to have to face Felix and Iwakuma in the playoffs.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I think you need to really look at your definition of a playoff.  

Yes the wild card game is a playoff game.  It is not scheduled on the regular season roster.  It is not a tie breaker.  It is a playoff.  

That being said I don't think they make it even as a WC.  They only have a 1.5 game lead in the WC and they are tanking bad.  They have lost 9 of 11.  Yes four were against the Angels but the other five were against Houston and White Sox.  Playing bad is an understatement.  

Ok so you consider 1 additional game on the schedule "playoffs."

My definition of the playoffs is the actual playoffs, not the one game coin flip to determine who gets in.  

The A'ths have become big time Halos fans (7 games remaining vs Seattle), well except for September 22-24. 

It's become a scrum between the Royals, Tigers, A'ths, and M's for the three remaining AL post-season spots in addition to the Halos and O's.  

There are too many teams, and too far, to climb for the Skanks, Indians, and Blue Jays.

Right now, the O's and the M's would seem to be the biggest barriers to the Halos getting to the WS. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

The Yankees not making the playoff in Jeters final year must be killing MLB. Imagine the ratings. I hate to say it but no one cares about the Angels, Royals, Mariners, and Orioles making the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being one of the lowest ratings for an MLB postseason in its history.

Last time both the Yankees and Red Sox missed, they added a 2nd wild card. Now that they're both missing again, they will follow the NBA and NHL and have the top 8 teams in each league make it.

I find it hilarious dome people are "worried" about certain teams. You don't think those same teams fans are saying the same thing about having to play the Angels?

For some reason I feel like were not as feared now without Richards.  Many people dont know who Matt Shoemaker and Hector Santiago are, but those are our 2 and 3 starters.  Even though they have pitched like aces the 2nd half of the season, were very dependent on them and they have never even been in a pennant race before.  

Offensively though, I think many people should start to fear us especially if Kendrick keeps hitting like he has been.

I find it hilarious dome people are "worried" about certain teams. You don't think those same teams fans are saying the same thing about having to play the Angels?

I'm worried about playing Baltimore and facing Cy Norris and Miguel Gonzalez potentially 5 times in a 7-game series. Not to mention Tillman, who also has a sub-2.50 career ERA against us. 

I'm worried about playing Baltimore and facing Cy Norris and Miguel Gonzalez potentially 5 times in a 7-game series. Not to mention Tillman, who also has a sub-2.50 career ERA against us. 

If they are so good, then why have they won less games in a weaker division? I don't get the 'worried, scared, fear' statements. Maybe I look at life differently.

One thing to consider is that Norris, Gonzalez, and Tillman have all mainly pitched at the MLB level in the 2010s. 

The Halos have only been good offensively in that time during the middle 4 months in 2012, the 2 months preceding the 2014 ASB, and are starting to look it over the past few games.

If we are clicking as the talent level indicates, it could be a bit different from the past against them, when facing those 3 starters in October.

King Felix, Iwakuma, and Paxton is the scariest trio of starters on any AL team.

Edited by Angel Oracle

AN just gave 5 mistakes the A's have made and trading Cespedes is not one of them. I have never seen a level of denial like this. Cespedes arrives and a roster full of cast offs and under achievers suddenly becomes the best regular season team for 2 2/3 seasons. Dude gets traded and they all revert back to the way they should have been playing for the previous 2 2/3 seasons. I don't know what the guy has, but he's absolutely killed the Angels and the team was significantly better with him, than without him. I always think of Juan Uribe. To a stat geek, he's worthless but for some reason, the teams he's on, play better with him than without him. Who knows? Maybe Freese is that guy for us.

Edited by gurn67

If they are so good, then why have they won less games in a weaker division? I don't get the 'worried, scared, fear' statements. Maybe I look at life differently.

I think the point he is making is that those pitchers perform well Vs the Angels.   If Brad Radke were still pitching today and were having one of his 5.50 ERA seasons, he would still be a massive threat to the Angels post-season fortunes.   Dude's ownership of the Angels was legendary.  I forget who it was on the 80s Orioles, I think it was Scotty McGreggor, but he was another guy who could be in the middle of weak season and simply owned the Angels.

Edited by Inside Pitch

One thing to consider is that Norris, Gonzalez, and Tillman have all mainly pitched at the MLB level in the 2010s. 

The Halos have only been good offensively in that time during the middle 4 months in 2012, the 2 months preceding the 2014 ASB, and are starting to look it over the past few games.

If we are clicking as the talent level indicates, it could be a bit different from the past against them, when facing those 3 starters in October.

King Felix, Iwakuma, and Paxton is the scariest trio of starters on any AL team.

They also have a few junk throwing slobs that give the Angels fits.