• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Serious trouble ahead, folks

We've had the 2nd best record in baseball..

A rough stretch against some great teams and everyone freaks out...

Yah, the offense is slumping right now, but they'll be back. Its okay and its normal for offenses to slump.

The biggest concern is the starting rotation, and honestly, I'm okay with Weaver, Richards, Shoemaker...its Skaggs and Wilson that concern me.

But excuse me for the optimism.

I don't understand the whole "we're going to be playing easier teams" argument.  In the playoffs, there are no easy teams.  You have to be able to beat these teams and the Angels have shown they aren't able to beat them.  I love that there are "easy wins" coming up but that does nothing in preparing this team to beat the good teams they would face in October.

Edited by Chimi

I don't understand the whole "we're going to be playing easier teams" argument.  In the playoffs, there are no easy teams.  You have to be able to beat these teams and the Angels have shown they aren't able to beat them.  I love that there are "easy wins" coming up but that does nothing in preparing this team to beat the good teams they would face in October.

It reminds me when we all celebrated the arrival of the Astros to the AL West. We were counting all those games as wins before they kicked our ass.

We've lost 1.5 games in the standings playing 20 games in a row against playoff teams, but we are now going to lose seven games in the standings playing our next 12 games against last place teams. Wow, the A's must be on fire.

And the A's are a team that hasn't scored more than 3 runs in a game since the trade deadline ended.

Didn't we go 10 and 10 against playoff teams? Who says we can't beat them?

I don't understand the whole "we're going to be playing easier teams" argument. In the playoffs, there are no easy teams. You have to be able to beat these teams and the Angels have shown they aren't able to beat them. I love that there are "easy wins" coming up but that does nothing in preparing this team to beat the good teams they would face in October.

Didn't we go 10 and 10 against playoff teams? Who says we can't beat them?

The Angels record says they can't beat them.  If you take the division leaders and wild card teams that the Angels have played this season, they are 15-20 against them.  If you add in the Mariners and Yankees (who are only 1/2 game out of the wild card), the Angels record is 22-31.  So it's pretty clear they haven't been able to beat the good teams.

I am actually feeling the opposite.  This is a very good team whose whose one competitive advantage has basically been terrible for a 20 game span against playoff caliber teams yet they have managed to tread water and play .500 baseball.  

Granted, if this offense shows up for any sort of extended period beyond what we have seen, we could be in trouble, but they are not going to hit like this forever.  

We all know that the playoffs are a crap shoot so if the team that has played the last 20 games shows up for that, it won't be good, so all we can hope for is that we get hot at the right time.  Which is about all that any team could hope for.  We are a playoff caliber team for now and so are several others.  The difference for the playoffs is timing and a little luck.  

I don't understand the whole "we're going to be playing easier teams" argument. In the playoffs, there are no easy teams. You have to be able to beat these teams and the Angels have shown they aren't able to beat them. I love that there are "easy wins" coming up but that does nothing in preparing this team to beat the good teams they would face in October.

no doubt. The offense in particular seems to do the least when facing a good team. The pitching, outside of CJ Wilson, hasn't been bad.

Baylor has some work to do. The approach at the plate, aside from a couple guys, has been awful lately. Really our 1-5 hitters are not getting it done right now.

It was a shitty frustrating series. They played down to the competition and really underachieved against inferior talent. Juan freaking uribe had a 1.500 ops in this series.

turn the page, I guess

Frustrating Definitely. Haren loss was probably the more frustrating one as Ryu is a great pitcher and has had success against the team.