• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

But if you want my own estimate, I'd say we'll be looking at Dow 14,000 very soon. That's another 26% down from here. Keep your powder dry. Cash is okay right now.

I’d be shocked if it ended up anywhere near 14,000. I’d also be inclined to invest every extra dollar I have if it did, because it will be short lived. 

54 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Thank you, Chuck Schumer, for destroying the American stock market. You're quite a guy.

The stock market was the biggest bubble in the history of mankind. This virus was merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

How so?

If life returns to 80 percent normal in the next 6 to 8 weeks, I think the economy rebounds quickly - perhaps things are mostly normal after 6 to 9 months. I am guessing the Dow will be at least 20,000 one year from now. So if you can buy at 14,000, you will make a good return. 

15 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The Fed announced open ended QE so the money printing machines are running at full speed. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck. The results of this are going to be catastrophic. 

It's virtual money printing off the Cloud and the Fed has indicated there's no limit now. Whatever it takes, they will save the economy. Futures have turned from a 1,000 point drop to 100 up. If the Congress passes the stimulus bill the market might explode on the upside.

But I'm still not buying until the virus curve tops off and begins its decline. That will be the turning point of this societal and economic disaster.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

It's virtual money printing off the Cloud and the Fed has indicated there's no limit now. Whatever it takes, they will save the economy.

LOL. They are going to destroy the economy. The market should have been allowed to reset after the housing crash in 2008 but the Fed threw helicopter money at it and only delayed the inevitable. Now we are seeing the results of constant Fed intervention. It's a fake house of cards market backed by a printing press. All the Fed's doing now is throwing good money after bad. The real crash is coming no matter what.

Edited by Lhalo

Just hang loose. It will likely get worse before it gets better, and nothing you can do to alter it either way.

So might as well just ignore it for a bit, stick with your current strategy (ie maintain consistency), and focus on health and family.

But there will most definitely be deals out there in the carnage. 

For some entertaining light reading: read up on Floyd Odlum.

On 3/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, calscuf said:

My sister is a huge cruise fan.  I hate cruises with a passion and think they destroy every port they stop.  If this destroys the industry, good.  Fat Americans can have all you can eat at Hometown Buffet.  They don’t need to do it offshore in Dubrovnik.

Nice pull. Dubrovnik is rad.

Bonus points. If youre a cheapass like me, you can buy budweiser there, and it comes in fancier cans than here, so you dont look like a turd.

Then you can get the locals worked up on the whole serb/croat/muslim thing, and then theyll buy you better stuff.

Dont fall for the bird pictures, though