• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

Shit, the time to buy was Friday!

There could be more big down days as the virus news shifts and the economic damage becomes clearer. Extreme volatility still.

Buy a bit every week. We've got a long way to go to get back where we were on February 12th. It depends on your time horizon. If it's 5 years or more it doesn't matter that you missed today's rally.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Is anyone here excited about today's huge stock rally?

I'm not.

Just wait till quarterly earnings come out.  I'm thinking Disney will be especially hard hit.  Do they even have any income coming in right now?

I don't follow the market, but rather the rate sheets and adjustments...which are tied together, in a small capacity.

Opened poorly after a solid Thursday and Friday, and we even had a very minor intraday pricing change.

It's weird following this thread because when the stock market does poor, it's better for my business....unless the greedy ass banks decide to still pack in their margin even though rates go down.

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just wait till quarterly earnings come out.  I'm thinking Disney will be especially hard hit.  Do they even have any income coming in right now?

Disney+ is probably their major source of income. probably some stuff from online shopping and video sales, too.

I still wonder how much the parks make in a typical day. Has to be a pretty impressive number.

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

Disney+ is probably their major source of income. probably some stuff from online shopping and video sales, too.

I still wonder how much the parks make in a typical day. Has to be a pretty impressive number.

Problem with Disney+ is they don't have the content yet like a Netflix.  With the one month free, people can watch everything than cancel.

I think their three biggest income sources are ESPN (no sports), Parks (all closed), movies (theaters all closed).

Not sure if this is true, but word was Disney+ isn't doing good and may shut down. Obviously, that can't now because it's their only income source, but early projections sounded pretty poorly.

But it's essentially hearsay as I don't care about Disney+, watch it, subscribe, or read news about it.......more like office chats you hear by the water cooler.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Not sure if this is true, but word was Disney+ isn't doing good and may shut down. Obviously, that can't now because it's their only income source, but early projections sounded pretty poorly.

But it's essentially hearsay as I don't care about Disney+, watch it, subscribe, or read news about it.......more like office chats you hear by the water cooler.

With a 2yo and a 4yo in my house Disney+ is essential to my sanity. That and booze. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I can’t imagine this is true. I don’t care how poorly it may be performing Disney+ is vital to the company’s long term growth

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I can’t imagine this is true. I don’t care how poorly it may be performing Disney+ is vital to the company’s long term growth

I feel like enough time, diligence, and money was put in for it to abruptly end. The person I heard it from is retired and has nothing to do but read the news.

Sounds like there is a lack of content or new content. I do like the blurbs about sensitivity regarding older films that portrayed some racist or unacceptable things in todays world. That shit is hilarious.

Anything is possible but with Disney's catalogue and streaming services overtaking cable I would think Disney+ is a long term play on their part.  Some months back before they launched there were articles talking about how their goal was to be profitable in year 5.  They may not have much new original content right now but given the source material they have I think there's plenty there for them to build off of.

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Anything is possible but with Disney's catalogue and streaming services overtaking cable I would think Disney+ is a long term play on their part.  Some months back before they launched there were articles talking about how their goal was to be profitable in year 5.  They may not have much new original content right now but given the source material they have I think there's plenty there for them to build off of.

That seems viable. I don't know much about the product and it's even ignorant for me to speculate. I think the original discussion came from a Money Market or Forbes type of article. If memory serves me correct the original sign up was lower than projected or anticipated, and as mentioned, the lack of new content aside from the Star Wars spin off dealio.....but agreed, they have the resources and capital to change that.

With everyone staying home, I can see their viewership going up, but at the same time a lot of people are hurting financially and are letting go of frivolous expenses like this, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I feel like enough time, diligence, and money was put in for it to abruptly end. The person I heard it from is retired and has nothing to do but read the news.

Sounds like there is a lack of content or new content. I do like the blurbs about sensitivity regarding older films that portrayed some racist or unacceptable things in todays world. That shit is hilarious.

I could see them making some big shake ups. They had long planned the Disney+ service when the huge Fox deal fell in their lap, giving them rights to tons of off brand content. They are hesitant to put it all out on D+ but the giant catalogue and lack of new releases could shake things up. I think they are far more likely to start ANOTHER streaming service than they are to pull D+ though. 

Some of their new content is marvel related while the first marvel show was set to air later this year after filming began back in November.  Looks like some of their other shows will be delayed but if they got all of that one wrapped up I'm sure they'd love to get it out on time.  It might not be up my alley and I know there's a hangover with all of the superhero stuff but I imagine there's still going to be plenty of interest in the marvel content alone. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I do like the blurbs about sensitivity regarding older films that portrayed some racist or unacceptable things in todays world. That shit is hilarious.

Maybe a year or so ago, I randomly clicked on a youtube video titles "most racist classic cartoons".

Im watching it, and thought "freakin SJWs.... alllllways making a huge deal out of nothing. Ok, maybe today this is in poor taste, but its not like HOLY SHIT!"

And then was pretty blown away myself at some of the stuff in it.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe a year or so ago, I randomly clicked on a youtube video titles "most racist classic cartoons".

Im watching it, and thought "freakin SJWs.... alllllways making a huge deal out of nothing. Ok, maybe today this is in poor taste, but its not like HOLY SHIT!"

And then was pretty blown away myself at some of the stuff in it.

Yeah, I haven't watched anything Disney since maybe the 90's. But was listening to a comedy podcast and they talked about some of it. Like in Dumbo where the crows represent blacks or when he gets drunk.

I might look this up in a sec as I was curious after it was talked about. Wild how things have changed. I've seen this with a bunch of records I've dug up holed up and most of it is older gangster rap and the way they threw around the word faggot was insane to where now the new Royce Da 5'9 he just says gay. Speaking of which, I remember when the word gay was an issue for Eminem and he was labeled a homophobe, so then he did a song with Elton John.

I hate SJWs, but we definitely can clean up our language, myself included.