• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

12 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

AMC is next. I tried to buy several stocks this morning but something went wrong with Fidelity. It was at 5 this morning. I bought one stock at 16.

Lol I tried to get in several days back at $3.50 but it was blocked because the price had jumped too high. Once it started to take off I didn't want any part of it, but damn I probably still could've got in under $5.

I'm wondering now if we are seeing the beginning of the newest financial crisis?  Good thing is, it's going to be a bunch of hedge funds that lose everything so hopefully no bailout.  But it sure does seem like someone figured out how to really screw with, while getting rich, these option traders.

37 minutes ago, Tank said:

Can someone summarize in laymen’s terms what happened today?

Some funds on Wall Street had been betting against game stop by shorting the stock. Users of a Reddit sub forum didn’t like that and started investing in it helping drive the stock up as high as 1,200% in the last few weeks. Also helped when Elon Musk tweeted his support for game stop and other social media brought more investors in. The funds shorting it got crushed with one of them needing almost 3B to stay open. The small guys turned the table on large investors and screwed them for a change. 

25 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Some funds on Wall Street had been betting against game stop by shorting the stock. Users of a Reddit sub forum didn’t like that and started investing in it helping drive the stock up as high as 1,200% in the last few weeks. Also helped when Elon Musk tweeted his support for game stop and other social media brought more investors in. The funds shorting it got crushed with one of them needing almost 3B to stay open. The small guys turned the table on large investors and screwed them for a change. 

And to add to that.  From what I heard.  They were shorting the stock in such a high number that if all the shorts were executed, it would have been 125% of the total available stock.  

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And to add to that.  From what I heard.  They were shorting the stock in such a high number that if all the shorts were executed, it would have been 125% of the total available stock.  

I wouldn’t doubt it. The funds that get crushed and make the news for the wrong reasons tend to be over levered. The ones that end up as case studies are levered to the point they can’t cover the positions. 

B2783011-1D96-4FEF-81D5-A7ED3F00539D.gif

5 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

An Oral History Of Trading Places - Business Insider6

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Of course, I enjoyed it.... but there is no denying it gets more and more ridiculous.  Her making it about hedges was great IMO.   

is there a version of this where she takes off her glasses, shakes out her hair, and removes the hoodie? asking for a friend.