• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe a year or so ago, I randomly clicked on a youtube video titles "most racist classic cartoons".

Im watching it, and thought "freakin SJWs.... alllllways making a huge deal out of nothing. Ok, maybe today this is in poor taste, but its not like HOLY SHIT!"

And then was pretty blown away myself at some of the stuff in it.

f'n George Jetson

On 4/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, Brandon said:

Yeah, I haven't watched anything Disney since maybe the 90's. But was listening to a comedy podcast and they talked about some of it. Like in Dumbo where the crows represent blacks or when he gets drunk.

I might look this up in a sec as I was curious after it was talked about. Wild how things have changed. I've seen this with a bunch of records I've dug up holed up and most of it is older gangster rap and the way they threw around the word faggot was insane to where now the new Royce Da 5'9 he just says gay. Speaking of which, I remember when the word gay was an issue for Eminem and he was labeled a homophobe, so then he did a song with Elton John.

I hate SJWs, but we definitely can clean up our language, myself included.

Its weird. "Gay" and "homo" were like staple words growing up, and you didnt even associate them with homosexuals. You heard older kids saying it, just figured they were normal putdowns. So yeah, those should die.

But the SJWs are so far beyond...

Reference the old Disney stuff, I know the song of the south one is supposed to be pretty bad, but ive never seen it. I think its up there with the dumbo one you mentioned, like actual big release movies. With stuff that wouldnt fly today 

Whatever i watched seemed more like what they used to play before the main movies would start, in like the 30s or 40s i guess. Not features, more "people might be running late, play something for 5 minutes before the movie starts".

And it was "lol, wtf!" 

In fairness, one thing i remember was super stereotyped african tribesman and asians... so of course lots of racist by todays standards shit. But i remember thinking "well how many people back the  had ever seen anything real from africa or asia? They might truly think thats how it is".

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its weird. "Gay" and "homo" were like staple words growing up, and you didnt even associate them with homosexuals. You heard older kids saying it, just figured they were normal putdowns. So yeah, those should die.

But the SJWs are so far beyond...

Reference the old Disney stuff, I know the song of the south one is supposed to be pretty bad, but ive never seen it. I think its up there with the dumbo one you mentioned, like actual big release movies. With stuff that wouldnt fly today 

Whatever i watched seemed more like what they used to play before the main movies would start, in like the 30s or 40s i guess. Not features, more "people might be running late, play something for 5 minutes before the movie starts".

And it was "lol, wtf!" 

In fairness, one thing i remember was super stereotyped african tribesman and asians... so of course lots of racist by todays standards shit. But i remember thinking "well how many people back the  had ever seen anything real from africa or asia? They might truly think thats how it is".

Next time you’re at Disneyland, check out the Tiki Room. I’m surprised the SJWs haven’t shut it down.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Picked up OKE in April during the oil price wars. Up 60% so far.

Have to wonder if this year could possibly end on the plus side.

Think I might put in a few OKE calls. I made out good on BA, UAL, and AAL calls and think Oil could be next in line.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, Brandon said:

Yeah, I haven't watched anything Disney since maybe the 90's. But was listening to a comedy podcast and they talked about some of it. Like in Dumbo where the crows represent blacks or when he gets drunk.

I might look this up in a sec as I was curious after it was talked about. Wild how things have changed. I've seen this with a bunch of records I've dug up holed up and most of it is older gangster rap and the way they threw around the word faggot was insane to where now the new Royce Da 5'9 he just says gay. Speaking of which, I remember when the word gay was an issue for Eminem and he was labeled a homophobe, so then he did a song with Elton John.

I hate SJWs, but we definitely can clean up our language, myself included.

You'd see people calling others faggots all the time in tv shows as jokes not even 10 years ago. I doubt that'd fly today