• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

From your link: The last time the S&P jumped more than 3% and finished down was at the height of the financial crisis in 2008.

Tonight will be interesting in China. The government lowered interest rates there in a desperate move to stop the bleeding. If they keep crashing, then look out below!

it's not 2008 ffs. 

There are definitely "forces" trying to prop up markets.

However the U.S. economy is in much better shape than it was in 2008 during the last major crash.

The banks are in better shape, there's no real estate bubble as there was in 2008.

Not the same situation.

China is crumbling though and the Chinese central bank is trying to prop up it's market.

So investors are running away from Chinese stocks.  That money should start to flow into U.S. stocks once the dust settles.

I don't know about the real estate bubble.  At least in my area, prices have skyrocketted past the 2008 amounts.  And these houses aren't worth what people are paying.  

The prices are back up but those properties are not under water like they were in 2008 when banks would lend to just anyone.

Where I'm at real estate prices might be up to 2008 levels but they aren't up to 2006 levels which were the highs.  I expect prices to come down once the fed starts raising rates and mortgage rates increase but I haven't seen anything that leads me to beleive the same type of subprime lending and securitization is occurring that we saw before the crash, at least not to the same degree.    

The amount of comps I do on a daily basis, they are nowhere near 2008 levels. They have gone up, but on average most people are break even, quite a few still upside down.

What you're seeing now is all the interest only and 10 year ARMs from 2005 now readjusting and people have to walk away if they can't refinance.

I expect to see last week's low tested again.  Maybe not today but sometime in the next few weeks.

We might see a bounce tomorrow from today's sell-off.  But I still expect to revisit 15,666 on the Dow.

That will be the buy signal for long-term investors IMO.