• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another big down day for the market. Retailers are getting killed as it appears the upcoming holiday season will be a dud.

Nordstrom in particular had horrible earnings. People don't want to spend $80 on a shirt.

i think retailers need to learn not to put so many of their eggs into one (Christmas) basket.

• 4 weeks later...

Dow is down 170 points. The S&P is also negative for 2015.

But Smith and Wesson is up before earnings, and for the year is up 100%.

Their stock cost 81 cents a share in January, 2000 and is now trading over $21. I wish I had had the foresight to buy a bunch of it back then. That's a 167% gain each year since then.

With 40 minutes to go, the Dow is off more than 300 points, and the Nasdaq is down 109.

Oil is at a seven-year low, at just $35/barrel.

The Fed is the wild card here, as they have to decide very soon whether to raise rates or not. The economy is sending mixed signals. Jobless claims are unexpectedly up, but consumer confidence is also higher. The stores I've been to are packed with shoppers and there are long lines.

• 2 weeks later...

chipotle way down on e.coli outbreak

time to buy?

I've made some coin over the years just f*cking around and buying when these big panic selloffs happen

netflix when they raised their prices and tried to break off dvd rentals, mattel when there was a big scandal, etc

every time i go to chipotle they are packed.

have to thing it'll get back on track once people forget about this

Edited by mrwicked

time to buy?

I've made doing over the years just f*cking around and buying when these big panic selloffs happen

netflix when they raised their prices and tried to break off dvd rentals, mattel when there was a big scandal, etc

A coworker of mine went to Chipotle for lunch yesterday. I asked him if he was afraid of getting sick and he had no idea what I was talking about. It seems traders are more concerned about the food contamination than the people actually eating it. lol

time to buy?

I've made some coin over the years just f*cking around and buying when these big panic selloffs happen

i've wanted to do this with lumber liquidators. methinks the stock will bounce back after the scandal.

• 2 weeks later...