• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

7 hours ago, cals said:

Dude that’s KC saying that.  

Like I said, Israel is about to have a #metoo moment regarding their geopolitical/military decisions.  

Thanks KC.  And yes, UTH, most of us would like to hear more.

This probably doesn't help.

AP News: Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
https://apnews.com/article/israel-west-bank-gaza-middle-east-israel-palestinian-conflict-7974cc0c03897b8b21e5fc2f8c7d8a79

17 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s a difficult question for me to answer.  As I said, my family lost almost all of their personal belongings when they were forced to flee.  I mean really, there is no answer.  That’s where they’re from.  I can tell you that my great grandmothers grandparents lived their entire lives in Palestine.  They never left the country.  Which was typical for people in that time.  So that would be a person that was born in the mid 19th century.  Genetically Palestinian Arabs are  basically a great mix of the peoples of the region, similarities with Mediterranean peoples, Turks, Egyptians, Iranians and the Arabs of Mesopotamia and the peninsula.  Of course the other Levantine peoples.  And absolutely Mizrahi Jews (who themselves are remarkably alike to Palestinians) Kurds and Assyrians.  Anyway it’s as you’d expect of an old population that has mixed over the centuries.  They are intimately connected to the land.  That’s not anecdotal, it’s genetic fact.  My family came from Haifa, now fully in Israel proper and Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.  My family is Maronite catholic.  Many Palestinians are Christians.  A funny thing is that occasionally when I come across other Palestinians  - older ones, they’ll recognize my sur name.  Apparently the family name is noteworthy in some little village.  Sadly, I couldn’t really speak to it specifically.  

anyway they spent several years in Jordanian refugee camps.  Eventually my grandparents took work in Kuwait.  My grandfather worked in the ministry of communication.  He has funny stories about getting alcohol for his Muslim friends.  @arch stanton might be able to relate to that.  He ended up befriending Americans at the embassy that he would work with.  They got some help from them to come here.  My great uncle came first in the late 60’s.  My dad and uncle came in the late 70’s to study.  My grandparents and aunt followed soon after.  They both married Americans.  Some of our family ended up in Syria, I met one of them once.  He’s since passed away.  Anyway, that’s what I can say about the origins of my family. 

Thanks. You have a pretty unique history for sure. I can understand your position on the conflict based on your family history. You are the first non Jew that I have heard their side of the story and it does suck your family was caught in the conflict. It doesn't sound like they are radical muslims 

7 hours ago, Kotchman said:

No don’t think that. I am surprised that Christians got caught in the middle. I had always assumed anyone left in Gaza was PLO or Hamas. 

Most Palestinian Christians live in the West Bank.

Edited by failos