• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There are a handful of “progressive” members of Congress that will at least acknowledge the humanity of Palestinians.  I think maybe less then 10 would actually be willing to rebuke Israel.  You are correct that most of the Democrats will never utter a word against Israelis regardless of how egregious their crimes are.  Which is what we’ve seen.  

opinion in the last 10 years or so has moved slightly towards a more sympathetic feeling for the Palestinians and that trend will probably continue. That said,  the American general public is still largely militantly pro Israel.   Decade after decade of pro Israel propaganda doesn’t disappear over night.  Anyway, the Democratic Party is rock solid for the zionists.  They don’t give a shit what the base thinks.  They don’t about anything else and they certainly won’t about this.  I don’t think it’ll be as problematic as you think. 

Are you part of the crowd claiming we stole America from the Indians while supporting Palestinians claim to Israel?

Progressives favorite thing is to pretend that Israel isn't provoked in all of this.

If Mexico lobbed missiles at San Diego we would have marched our military through the country and it would be the 51st state by now. Progressives conveniently try to ignore that fact. They also ignore the fact that Palestinians have been evicted from Jordan and they end up in illegal settlements in Israel, Hamas and other groups infiltrate the settlements and attack/plan attacks from those settlements. You never hear the media or progressives talk about Jordan's aggressions toward Palestinians.

Some of Israel's actions are wrong and the pressure they are facing from the world is only propelling the more militant right wing into power.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

How is this any different than what we talked about last night ? This isn’t some great schism.  Sorry. 

Not yet, it's still early. It seems like some of them are pretty emotionally invested in what's going on so who knows 

5 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

Not yet, it's still early. It seems like some of them are pretty emotionally invested in what's going on so who knows 

Rashida Tlaib who is Palestinian, not really a surprise that she has some emotional connection to it ? A handful of others ? They’re in lock step with your perspective.  So pretty cool that you’ve got some bi partisanship.  

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Rashida Tlaib who is Palestinian, not really a surprise that she has some emotional connection to it ? A handful of others ? They’re in lock step with your perspective.  So pretty cool that you’ve got some bi partisanship.  

They are the loudest and most popular too 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

on vacation?

What’s your point I wonder with a comment like this ? Their homes, their belongings, almost all of their money.  Most of their personal relationships, dust in the wind.  Being driven into the destitution of a refugee camp isn’t something that is forgotten in a generation or two. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What’s your point I wonder with a comment like this ? Their homes, their belongings, almost all of their money.  Most of their personal relationships, dust in the wind.  Being driven into the destitution of a refugee camp isn’t something that is forgotten in a generation or two. 

I appreciate you sharing your story. When did your relatives first arrive in Palestine?

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Jay is a good dude, but you know most of America has no idea or ability to be impartial in this conflict.  It’s been burned into our heads that the Israelis are good, the Palestinians are bad are any questioning of that narrative makes you an anti-Semite.  

I honestly thought you would be banned by Nate for questioning him.  

Yes I hope he shares more of his story. I have never heard the other perspective on the conflict. He probably won't change my mind but another perspective is worth hearing.

38 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I appreciate you sharing your story. When did your relatives first arrive in Palestine?

It’s a difficult question for me to answer.  As I said, my family lost almost all of their personal belongings when they were forced to flee.  I mean really, there is no answer.  That’s where they’re from.  I can tell you that my great grandmothers grandparents lived their entire lives in Palestine.  They never left the country.  Which was typical for people in that time.  So that would be a person that was born in the mid 19th century.  Genetically Palestinian Arabs are  basically a great mix of the peoples of the region, similarities with Mediterranean peoples, Turks, Egyptians, Iranians and the Arabs of Mesopotamia and the peninsula.  Of course the other Levantine peoples.  And absolutely Mizrahi Jews (who themselves are remarkably alike to Palestinians) Kurds and Assyrians.  Anyway it’s as you’d expect of an old population that has mixed over the centuries.  They are intimately connected to the land.  That’s not anecdotal, it’s genetic fact.  My family came from Haifa, now fully in Israel proper and Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.  My family is Maronite catholic.  Many Palestinians are Christians.  A funny thing is that occasionally when I come across other Palestinians  - older ones, they’ll recognize my sur name.  Apparently the family name is noteworthy in some little village.  Sadly, I couldn’t really speak to it specifically.  

anyway they spent several years in Jordanian refugee camps.  Eventually my grandparents took work in Kuwait.  My grandfather worked in the ministry of communication.  He has funny stories about getting alcohol for his Muslim friends.  @arch stanton might be able to relate to that.  He ended up befriending Americans at the embassy that he would work with.  They got some help from them to come here.  My great uncle came first in the late 60’s.  My dad and uncle came in the late 70’s to study.  My grandparents and aunt followed soon after.  They both married Americans.  Some of our family ended up in Syria, I met one of them once.  He’s since passed away.  Anyway, that’s what I can say about the origins of my family. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm a sweetheart online idk what you're talking about.

Our online personas are funny. IRL you probably aren’t that fat, Larry probably goes to CVS every month to see if the Covid booster shots are ready yet, Cals is probably a youth pastor, Blarg and Jay are younger than we think and Kurt’s knees are in good shape. Oh and Adam’s balls still function as intended