• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun sitting against a lefty...again

So what is your opinion though, fletcher. You agree with the platoon of Calhoun and Cowgill?

I think he should play against most lefties. Since he's been back he's been benched in 6 of 8 games vs LHPs. But 3 of those 6 were Pomeranz and Sale, so I'm ok with those. A couple of the early ones were also when he was really scuffling (remember that 1 for 19?).

I'd wait for a bigger sample of games to call it a "platoon."

Kole sure proved it tonight by getting thrown out a third on a grounder to the shortstop. 

Lol, Eric, I was about to type the same thing. I just don't get all the hoopla about Kole Calhoun. Besides that boneheaded baserunning blunder, that .239 BA and .301 OBP looks mighty impressive and worthy of a regular starting position. His bat was missed! :rolleyes:     

Like i said, i think he's a fine 4th outfielder, I just don't agree with the platoon.

Both players could be getting in the game at once. I would have no objection to Calhoun starting at 1B with Pujols DHing instead of ever using Ibanez at DH. 

Like i said, i think he's a fine 4th outfielder, I just don't agree with the platoon.

Why not, though? It's been working

I like Calhoun and see him as the teams future RFer, but he's not off to a good start....and he got injured. His injury opened things up for Cowgill to earn some playin time, and he's taking advantage of it. Calhoun has shown he can hit lefties throughout his minor league career and even last season, but right now Cowgill is giving them a .319/.382/.507 line in 69 AB's against LHP, whereas CAlhoun is hitting .250/.250/.375 in 32 AB's vs LHP

Hard to blame Sosh for running a platoon like this. Calhoun will still see the majority of starts since he'll face RHP, but Cowgill has earned his share of AB's with his play. Combined, they've got themselves quite a RFer, with Calhoun giving them close to an .800 OPS vs RHP and Cowgill giving them an .889 OPS vs LHP

Edited by bloodbrother

I really can believe this is still debated. Yes Calhoun maybe a better player. Yes Calhoun can hit lefties. However he is not having a better year than Cowgill. He does not hit lefties as well.as a Cowgill. Hell, he is not as.good defensively as Cowgill.

s

Edited by stormngt