• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun sitting against a lefty...again

My F'n argument is we got people b*thing about Calhoun not playing against lefties. During 162 games the entire roster had to cobtrubute. That means they have to play. So if we are to play Calhoun every day when do we play Cowgill,

?

Start the dude whenever. He's the 4th Outfielder. Can't be hard to find him playing time between all 3 outfield spots and DH.

I do agree with the OP that it's stupid to make him the official guy to face lefties everytime there is one on the mound. There doesn't need to be these official roles that never changes.

My F'n argument is we got people b*thing about Calhoun not playing against lefties. During 162 games the entire roster had to cobtrubute. That means they have to play. So if we are to play Calhoun every day when do we play Cowgill,

?

wut..

Do I have to repeat what I just said in that quote?

Edited by Poozy

?

He pinch runs, hits ,defensive replacement..starts occasionally when a starter needs a day off..what his role actually is.

Yes and you said to spell and rest the regulars. That is wh a time Scioscia is doing. Be is giving Calhoun a rest against a lefty in order to.keep Cowgill fresh. Yet people are still b*@ching. So why is there an argument? Hamilton has been playing like an MVP candidate. Trout is our MVP candidate. So where does.Cowgill play? Last year I kept quiet 90% because there was a lot to . legitimately vent about. However to vent about Cowgill (who by the way I believe has better numbers) over Calhoun is just stupid. It's not like it's iabenez or Wells taking bats from him.

wut..

Do I have to repeat what I just said in that quote?

Yes and you said to spell and rest the regulars. That is wh a time Scioscia is doing. Be is giving Calhoun a rest against a lefty in order to.keep Cowgill fresh. Yet people are still b*@ching. So why is there an argument? Hamilton has been playing like an MVP candidate. Trout is our MVP candidate. So where does.Cowgill play? Last year I kept quiet 90% because there was a lot to . legitimately vent about. However to vent about Cowgill (who by the way I believe has better numbers) over Calhoun is just stupid. It's not like it's iabenez or Wells taking bats from him.

Cowgill should play as much as any 4th outfielder does. That's all he is. He shouldn't be platooning with Calhoun.

The only reason Cowgill is starting instead of Calhoun is because Calhoun is left handed.

Edited by Poozy

Just looked it up. Cowgill OPS 768. Calhoun 743. So please explain why sitting Cowgill over Calhoun is the smart move?

I'm so sick of your shtick man. I shouldn't have to explain the obvious reasons why Calhoun should be starting instead of this utterly bullshit platoon.

and if you read my previous comments in this thread, you'd see that I explained why Cowgill is nothing more than a 4th outfielder.

Edited by Poozy

You forgot Cowgill is having a better season to date.

Cowgill should play as much as any 4th outfielder does. That's all he is. He shouldn't be platooning with Calhoun.

The only reason Cowgill is starting instead of Calhoun is because Calhoun is left handed.

There isn't a good reason Cowgill is having a better year. Cowgill hits left handers better. Cowgill is better defensively. You are only complaining because you just want to B*tch. And if you tired if my shtick than ignore my posts. I am tired if all the stupid complaining and I am venting about it.

I'm so sick of your shtick man. I shouldn't have to explain the obvious reasons why Calhoun should be starting instead of this utterly bullshit platoon.

Just looked it up. Cowgill OPS 768. Calhoun 743. So please explain why sitting Cowgill over Calhoun is the smart move?

He already explained his OPINION, man. Why is it so hard for you to disagree and move on? That's what numerous other posters in this thread did.

I personally think he's a little hard on Cowgill, but he's right that CC is likely a 4th OF moving forward. I do think he can be a very valuable 4 OF for this team and I like getting his glove in the game

Edited by Butcher'd

There isn't a good reason Cowgill is having a better year. Cowgill hits left handers better. Cowgill is better defensively. You are only complaining because you just want to B*tch. And if you tired if my shtick than ignore my posts. I am tired if all the stupid complaining and I am venting about it.

w/e man

Imo he's nothing more than a 4th outfielder... that's it....

He's jb shuck with better defense.

We'll see how things play out......

Edited by Poozy

While in the long term calhoun projects to be the better player, at least so far it hasnt been that way.

Im not saying I prefer cowgill. But given the heat sosh gets for still batting pujols 3rd, a 1st ballot hall of famer, it should be viewed the same with calhoun. Yes, hes the more talented of the two (him and cowgill). So far this year he hasnt really woken up. Cowgill has done a better job hitting (so far), and is the better glove.

It would be one thing for cowgill to replace calhoun. Its a completely orher thing getting a start instead of him every now and then.

While in the long term calhoun projects to be the better player, at least so far it hasnt been that way.

Im not saying I prefer cowgill. But given the heat sosh gets for still batting pujols 3rd, a 1st ballot hall of famer, it should be viewed the same with calhoun. Yes, hes the more talented of the two (him and cowgill). So far this year he hasnt really woken up. Cowgill has done a better job hitting (so far), and is the better glove.

It would be one thing for cowgill to replace calhoun. Its a completely orher thing getting a start instead of him every now and then.

100% agree with you on that.

What seems to be happening, however, is a full out platoon, which I am against.

Pomeranz career splits

.179 vs LHBs

.276 vs RHBs

Scioscia did the same thing vs Pomeranz in Oakland. Calhoun started vs Milone (another LH with more even splits)

So what is your opinion though, fletcher. You agree with the platoon of Calhoun and Cowgill?

Edited by Poozy

I think it's a good thing that the "bench" players know they have a big and fairly well defined role to play. Cowgill has earned playing time and you can either say it's at Calhoun's expense or you can say it's Calhoun because Trout and Hamilton aren't going to sit right now.

So much for this not being a platoon.  Starters don't sit three times in four days because of matchups.  They shouldn't anyway.

I appreciate what Cowgill has done, but he has cooled off quite a bit.  I'm down for playing matchups, but it isn't like Cowgill has done anything against Pomeranz.   Same could've been said for Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.  

Calhoun vs LHP (Career): .309/.356/.455