• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun sitting against a lefty...again

I don't mind Calhoun being benched because Cowgill has held his own this year. My main gripe with Scioscia and Dipoto is when it comes to benching quality players over crappy useless vets.

Edited by Poozy

You guys all just aren't patient enough. Scoiscia knows what he's doing. I mean all you have to do is look at the past to know that vets eventually come around. I mean Wells and Abreu eventually came around and hit over .300 right? right? Hello? . . . .Hello? . . .

God no...just to remember the days if Abreu not being 2009 makes me sick...and Mr. TooBlessedToBeStressed.... -_-

I guess Cowgill socks and Calhoun should never sit.

I'm starting to get annoyed with sitting Kole against lefties...he's our starting right fielder..he's not awful against southpaws and as much as I like Cowgill he was crap this weekend against two leftys..Kole should not be sitting..what's your guys take?

I am curious when does Cowgill play if Calhoun plays against lefties?

Start the dude whenever. He's the 4th Outfielder. Can't be hard to find him playing time between all 3 outfield spots and DH.

I do agree with the OP that it's stupid to make him the official guy to face lefties everytime there is one on the mound. There doesn't need to be these official roles that never changes.

Lefties are actually hitting better against Pomeranz this year also.

Which just goes to show how stubborn scioscia is and how statistical analysis plays zero role whatsoever in any of his decisions.

I am thrilled with what the team has done this year, but Scioscia's decisions are often mind boggling. If we miss the playoffs by a game or two this year, you can bet his bullpen mismanagement and loyalty to guys like Ibanez will be an issue.

Which just goes to show how stubborn scioscia is and how statistical analysis plays zero role whatsoever in any of his decisions.

I am thrilled with what the team has done this year, but Scioscia's decisions are often mind boggling. If we miss the playoffs by a game or two this year, you can bet his bullpen mismanagement and loyalty to guys like Ibanez will be an issue.

He's been like that his entire career as a manager. I don't think he's ever changed or adjusted how he manages 

vs lefthanded pitching, 2014:

Calhoun  .250

Cowgill   .297

Green  .429

Please remind me again why Green was sent down.

Green is not a rightfielder maybe? Cowgill is a much better OF defender than Green as well. 

I really wouldn't put too much faith into Cowgill. Outside of his great April, he's put up around a .700 OPS, which is similar to his career OPS of .659.

His career splits against Lefties are better, but probably not any better than Calhoun or Green.

I think he's a fine 4th outfielder(for now), but lets not sugarcoat what he is.

Would much rather have green facing the lefties.

Edited by Poozy

Green is not a rightfielder maybe? Cowgill is a much better OF defender than Green as well. 

Hamilton is perfectly competent at right field and can switch places if Green doesn't have the throwing arm for RF. 

Green (.429 against lefties) should be on the roster over Ibanez (.038 against lefties) as rotating DH / IF / OF.