• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who is Josh Wall?

@JeffFletcherOCR: Josh Wall is the first #Angels pitcher to give up at least 5 runs without getting an out since ... wait for it ... Donne Wall in 2002

Wow.

That was the game on April 22, 2002 where Wall gave up six runs and we got blown out by Seattle 16-5. That ran our record to 6-13. We suffered an excruciating 1-0 loss the next night to go 6-14. After that we started winning, and winning, and winning. A run of 21-3 over the next three weeks.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA200204220.shtml

Edited by fan_since79

Wall has been up with either the Halos or some other MLB team before -- I clicked the game on and it was 11 to 1 with Weaver pitching -- felt pretty confident.......do some stuff around the house, came back and it's 11 to 3 with Wall pitching.......I recognized Wall's name, probably from seeing him pitch at Tempe in Spring Training -- suddenly it was 11 to 5 and not getting better -- the inning seemed so prolonged.........

yeah, Wall probably just got in from SLC today and I'm sure it was a round trip ticket or perhaps they put him on the Greyhound back to SLC tonight.

Bright spot -- Old McDonald can really play some MIF  D.

not the kind of Wally Ball we need and definitely not a return to Wally World...........

am sure folks here remember when Wally Joyner first came up to the Halos.........his stint here did not last long but memorable.

I remember my father, who has long since passed away, just couldn't get over what a natural swing Joyner had.........called him a pure hitter.

Against our guy Josh Wall, I guess everyone looks like a pure hitter..........so maybe it is a return, in a way, to Wally World.......I predict it's next appearance with be at SLC real soon.

That was perfect actually. We get to find out who Josh Wall is without any major consequence.

I kinda felt bad for the guy. Dude just can't get outs in the majors.

his last major league outing was 4/29/2013 and he went 2ip, 8h, 7er.

...and this time he only gave up 5.

Hes adjusting. And thats what youre looking for in a young player.

Good first look at this Wall kid but I'd like to see more from him before we think about inserting him into the high leverage innings. If he keeps on making those adjustments, though, I'd say Dipoto might have found another diamond de la rough*.

*This is a clever Dane De La Rosa pun. Trust me, it's clever.

Edited by HaloMagic

Instead, it turned into a way for everyone to question, again, how Mike Scioscia and Butchy have kept jobs in the major leagues for this long.

I left this argument alone in the vent thread because its the vent thread, but this has to be one of the most idiotic criticisms of Sosh/Butcher I've ever seen.  

You are actually trying to make it a bad thing that Wall was brought in late innings with a 10 run lead when in fact that was the perfect time to bring in a new pitcher to see what he's got.  Now they know.  

When you make these kind of criticisms it invalidates any other ones you make because it is clear you are irrational when it comes to this subject.

I left this argument alone in the vent thread because its the vent thread, but this has to be one of the most idiotic criticisms of Sosh/Butcher I've ever seen.

You are actually trying to make it a bad thing that Wall was brought in late innings with a 10 run lead when in fact that was the perfect time to bring in a new pitcher to see what he's got. Now they know.

When you make these kind of criticisms it invalidates any other ones you make because it is clear you are irrational when it comes to this subject.

Yea, I said something similar about it being the perfect time to bring him in as well. Also to place blame on Butcher for anything Wall did is pretty stupid. I'm sure Butch had so much impact on Wall in the few hours he's been on the team.

I'm excited to see Wall get another shot in today's game!

"Shot" indeed. Putting that guy in a game is similar to Russian Roulette, only with Wall, every chamber has a bullet.