• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frieri is finished as closer!

It's going to be the same thing with benching Ibanez and/or Freese if they're still hitting under .200 in a few weeks.  He's going to give them the Finley treatment and we're all going to be baffled.  Dude is just so slow at making the tough decisions and that's why we are light years behind the A's despite them never spending a dime.  They do not give a **** about pissing off a veteran and all we want to do is appease them.  

I really don't blame Scioscia. This is the same problem we have had for years. There is no reliable option in that bullpen.

I know DiPoto is well liked because he replaced TR, and shows up at AW events, but how many seasons is he going to fail to address a glaring need? He has no clue what a bullpen is.

I really feel bad for Scioscia when he looks at his bullpen and has to guess who will cause the least amount of damage

Sosh is not without blame. He's done a terrible job of managing his pen

Game vs Seattle - Left Jepsen in to face way too many lefties when he's been awful vs them his entire career(dude's been here for 7 yrs in the pen, Sosh should know his strength's and weaknesses by now). Jepsen proceeds to turn a 4-3 game into a 7-3 game by giving up a HR to Smoak

Game vs the Mets - lead 3-2 in the 7th with 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd. Sosh goes to Salas who has been struggling rather than to Joe Smith(can't get 4 outs?). Salas gives up both those runs and halos go on to lose in extras

And then today's game where he just leaves Frieri in too long. He doesn't have great options but he also doesn't manage them well. He gives these scrubs too much leeway. No reason for Frieri to have stayed in to face Werth with how he was pitching. He makes the change one batter too late too often it seems

Frieri is worthless, and has been doing this shit without fail for years, and will continue to accumulate losses for this team.

He ALWAYS blows the game in one run leads or ties. Always. He should have been dropped two years ago.

He needs to go ASAP.

Edited by failos

Blaming Scioscia for mismanaging the bullpen is way to simple. Do you blame him when things go right with the bullpen?

Yes it was a tough loss ... but it won't be the last one. This team is playing well and our bullpen is a work in progress. It has been pitching well lately.

Blaming Scioscia for mismanaging the bullpen is way to simple. Do you blame him when things go right with the bullpen?

Yes it was a tough loss ... but it won't be the last one. This team is playing well and our bullpen is a work in progress. It has been pitching well lately.

lol

I think closer by committee might be a better option for now. 

Joe Smith didn't pitch yesterday, and made quick work of the 8th inning with just 14 pitches.  Why pull him?  One thing I despise about predefined roles is that nobody is experienced to fill somebody else's shoes.  I think the players realize this too and it backfires when they place too much pressure on themselves. 

I say alternate Joe Smith and Frieri in the closer role and see who does best. 

I think closer by committee might be a better option for now. 

Joe Smith didn't pitch yesterday, and made quick work of the 8th inning with just 14 pitches.  Why pull him?  One thing I despise about predefined roles is that nobody is experienced to fill somebody else's shoes.  I think the players realize this too and it backfires when they place too much pressure on themselves. 

I say alternate Joe Smith and Frieri in the closer role and see who does best. 

When Scioscia has to choose, he will choose wrong 8 out of 10 times.

I am firmly in the Scioscia needs to go if he is really going to keep Frieri as closer. There have been better closers with better resumes that have had better results taken out of the closers role than Frieri. What's the harm is giving him the 7th or 8th inning. Then if he regains his stuff then he can go back to closing. I would rather see Jepsen as the closer right now.

I am firmly in the Scioscia needs to go if he is really going to keep Frieri as closer. There have been better closers with better resumes that have had better results taken out of the closers role than Frieri. What's the harm is giving him the 7th or 8th inning. Then if he regains his stuff then he can go back to closing. I would rather see Jepsen as the closer right now.

Woah there, let's not go saying anything we're gonna regret later.

Smith should be the closer, or Kohn.

I wanted to believe in Salas' improvement before tonight but obviously he just can't hack it with runners on. Frieri is done. He has no pitches. What happened to that nasty Frieri we got from San Diego that looked lights out. I know hitters adjust, but the movement he had was so filthy.

Bring up the young arms, they can't be any worse than what we have right now.