• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frieri is finished as closer!

He is seriously too stubborn and prideful for his own good. He has refused to change his managing style and it has absolutely slaughtered this team.

This is how arrogant, narcissistic people act. 

He can't make any changes because he would have to concede that his previous choices failed.  Again, nothing new for him.  He's been doing this since he got here but it got particularly bad after 2002. 

freese should definitely always be replaced defensively in the 9th - an obvious managerial mistake and sticking with frieri for so long in the 9th inning was another one.  scioscia's dumb decision making has already cost this team at least 4 wins now.  im shocked people still defend him as a good manager.

... but if you take Freese out of the game in order to play a better defender like John McDonald or Ian Stewart you will also be taking his bat out of the lineup  :unsure:

Edited by ScottLux

Hanrahan is healthy and looking for a 2 year deal. No idea how he looks though.

Guys, the solution is simple. Stop carrying 12 catchers. Trade for Mathis. Have Mathis be our designated catcher in the late innings. This surely must entail a dramatic lowering of our RP era due to His CERA, right?

If I was Weaver I'd be at the point of throwing chairs at Frieri and then Scioscia as they made their way into the clubhouse after a game like this.

He's one of many problems still in that bullpen, but Frieri has single handedly erased so many Weaver wins the past couple years.

FYI, as I tweeted last night, I don't expect Frieri to be the closer on Friday.

Last night when we asked Scioscia he couldn't really say he's changing closers 10 minutes after the game, before really discussing it with Frieri or Smith (or whoever he wants to close) and Butcher and even Dipoto. You just don't do that in 10 minutes when emotions are raw after a loss.

So feel free to freak about Frieri, but don't freak out about Scioscia.

If he repeats on Friday that Frieri is the closer, freak out then.

Last night when we asked Scioscia he couldn't really say he's changing closers 10 minutes after the game, before really discussing it with Frieri or Smith (or whoever he wants to close) and Butcher and even Dipoto. You just don't do that in 10 minutes when emotions are raw after a loss.

I hope you're right Jeff. My fantasy team is counting on you. :)

I'm guessing Frieri's confidence takes a bigger hit when he's getting crushed between the lines than it does if the wacky "closer" title is not his.  

It seems reasonable to avoid that discussion immediately after the game with the media, though.

Jeff I thought about this too. How do you say just a few minutes after a game that you're changing closers? Even if you are going to change closers there's a process there. If you make the decision to change closers and share it with the media before you share it with the players, well that's bush league and it won't do much for Frieri either. He may not be the closer but he almost certainly will still be pitching out of the bullpen for us. I will lose whatever amount of faith I have left in Scioscia if Frieri is still the closer to Friday night.

I don't think there is a soul on this board that wouldn't have pulled Frieri before he gave up the game-tying hit. I understand Scioscia's options are limited but that's an elementary decision. I don't care if Salas's arm was colder than Freese's bat, Scioscia needed to pull get Frieri the hell out of there. He couldn't find the strike zone and his fast ball had zero movement. 

It sucks that this team has so much talent yet these games are wasted because of a terrible bullpen and bad managerial decisions.

Salas has let every runner he inherited score, and you argue he was a better option.  OK! 

No out pitch, only can throw a fastball straight down the middle. I could see that coming a mile away, just surprised Cespedes didn't jack one out.

This teams bullpen is GARBAGE!

not garbage but frieri is and so is jepsen... sciosh will figure it out.. if not jerry will put his foot down real soon..