• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frieri is finished as closer!

Because Fernando Salas was magically gonna be good again! And Burnett was actually going to be healthy! And and and unicorns and rainbows and wishes

I say it every year, expect half of the guys you think should be good to actually be good. Don't expect anything from a player who hasn't played in a year, and don't expect players who were mediocre, or bad last year to be better.

This was pretty easy to see coming... and we are getting really lucky with Kohn right now as well.

Scioscia deserves more criticism as well.  The situation itself already justified pulling him before facing Werth, but combined with the fact that righties hit Frieri better, and this year have a freaking 1.500 OPS against him, there's no excuse for that.

1.500?

Hahahahahahhahahhahahah

Bedrosian has faced 6 batters so far in AA with 6 strikeouts. While I am no scout and have not seen him pitch he can't possibly be worse than at least one of the RPs on the 25 man roster?

Forget long term development. We need help now.

Don't worry, Josh Wall is ready and waiting.

Bedrosian has faced 6 batters so far in AA with 6 strikeouts. While I am no scout and have not seen him pitch he can't possibly be worse than at least one of the RPs on the 25 man roster?

I don't even care if they call him, Morin, Alvarez, Sisk...etc up and they stink, at least they'd be trying something new. Whatever they have now in the pen isn't working, at all

Scioscia deserves more criticism as well.  The situation itself already justified pulling him before facing Werth, but combined with the fact that righties hit Frieri better, and this year have a freaking 1.500 OPS against him, there's no excuse for that.

My buddy who knows nothing about baseball was wondering why he was still in. Just an awful decision to leave him in there. Pathetic double was too late. We had already lost at that point

Holy Poo.  I didnt get to see the game since I was at school tonight.  I did get to see one pitch though.  You can only imagine which one that was.  LOL.  Anyways, took a look at the scoring summary and see that on the night we could finally go over .500 with a fairly comfortable 4-1 lead in the 9th, the bullpen (Frieri with a little help from his buddy Salas)  pulled out a big can of kerosene and had the balls to juggle a flaming lighter too.  Needless to say it didn't work out.  Kind of like those patients who smoke cigarettes while on O2 nasal canula @ 2 Lpm and decide to light one up.  Not good.  

My buddy who knows nothing about baseball was wondering why he was still in. Just an awful decision to leave him in there. Pathetic double was too late. We had already lost at that point

Sosh needs to get a better feel for his relievers. He always seems to leave them in one batter too late.

Damn this is the most pissed off I've been at an Angels loss since Frieri blew 2 saves against Texas that one time.

Man, **** Frieri. Dude is the worst closer this team has ever had.

That's stretching it a little considering Fuentes and Rodney.

The guy just isn't a closer, period. Dude is a flyball heavy pitcher who gives up way too many HR's and has bad command. Joe Smith isn't the ideal closer, but he's gotta be the guy the rest of the way because he at least gets grounders and keeps the ball in the damn yard

for reference, Joe Smith gave up 5 HR in 63 IP last season...Frieri has given up 5 in 8 2/3 IP this season

make the change

In a twisted sort of way, I'm a little happy that Frieri has completely shit the bed so early this year. If he had been mediocre for the first half of the season and then slowly started to decline, Scioscia would have stuck with him and we would be watching a season of torture. At least this way Frieri will no longer be allowed to remain in the position of closer and we can test out people like Smith. 

On second thought who knows, maybe Sosh will still trot Frieri out there in the 9th. I've seen crazier things with this org.

Plenty of other franchises bring up players from AA.  Jose Fernandez was brought up from AA last year.  

Damn this is the most pissed off I've been at an Angels loss since Frieri blew 2 saves against Texas that one time.

Man, **** Frieri. Dude is the worst closer this team has ever had.

I was at least as pissed off about the time Greinke was pulled during a shutout midway through the 9th inning with a two run lead and Frieri allowed 3 runs on back to back homers on 4 pitches. 

Edited by ScottLux

I was at least as pissed off about the time Greinke was pulled during a shutout midway through the 9th inning with a two run lead and Frieri allowed 3 runs on back to back homers on 4 pitches. 

Oh yeah that one too.

I swear to god I'm going to start seeing Frieri in my nightmares.

Not clear why Frieri has trouble getting people out. It is not like he throws the same pitch in the same location over and over again. How stupid would that be?. Obviously  the manager and pitching coach would immediately recognize that as a problem and address it accordingly. I just do not understand.

This is on management now in particular upper management. I know Sosh keeps troting this crap out there but Dipoto created the problem..Im not even mad at the players anymore this is on Dipoto.

And Scioscia deserves equal blame for keeping the absolute worst pitching coach in baseball on his staff for so long.  There is absolutely no other team that would allow Butcher to join their team at his current coaching title.  (e.g. see Mickey Hatcher)