• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbomb

Why does this need a thread?  Weve known he can hit HRs.  Why not point out hes also 3 for his last 25?  With 1 BB and 10 Ks.  Just look at his splits: 233/292/583/876.  This is all typical Trumbo.  Nothing has changed.    

But how many RBIs does he have in those last 25 abs?!   :rolleyes:

Why does this need a thread? Weve known he can hit HRs. Why not point out hes also 3 for his last 25? With 1 BB and 10 Ks. Just look at his splits: 233/292/583/876. This is all typical Trumbo. Nothing has changed.

Yes but he has bettered Trout in HRs, RBI's , and run scored. Trout only has 7 RBI's and scored 9 times.

Trumbo has clearly been more productive at the plate. Your splits really don't tell the whole story.

Btw I'm just using Trout as a example only. Don't go sideways on me ... not saying he's a better player in any way, shape, or form.

Yes but he has bettered Trout in HRs, RBI's , and run scored. Trout only has 7 RBI's and scored 9 times.

Trumbo has clearly been more productive at the plate. Your splits really don't tell the whole story.

Btw I'm just using Trout as a example only. Don't go sideways on me ... not saying he's a better player in any way, shape, or form.

The guy who basically replaced him, Ibanez, has 3 HRs and 12 RBIs.  He even has 1 more BB, in 20 less ABs.  These threads still have no point.  

Ask dback fans how they feel about the trade.

Their starters ERA is 7.18. Good for the worst in baseball by over a run and a half.

They also have a 4-11 record.

Trumbo sure is great at hitting useless bombs though.

RBIs and runs scored should not be individual stats. They do not happen in a vacuum.

These "stats" as well as pitcher "wins" are not entirely within a player's control and are anachronistic.

So Trumbo has hit a few bombs and driven a few runs. Good for him.

How's his team doing?

Lol at this thread.

1) The Angels are 1st in baseball in HR and 3rd in R. They need Skaggs and Santiago much more than they need Trumbo.

2) Trout's AVG, OBP and SLG are all better, which are much more important stats for obvious reasons. 

3) Lol RBI's. It's fine to look at runs scored on a team to team basis. Using RBI's as an indicator for individual success, however, is mind boggling dumb. 

Ask dback fans how they feel about the trade.

Their starters ERA is 7.18. Good for the worst in baseball by over a run and a half.

They also have a 4-11 record.

Trumbo sure is great at hitting useless bombs though.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension ? All I was trying to point out is that Trumbo is leading all of baseball in RBI's.

I always root for ex-Angels ... even if that last name happens to be Lackey.

Try wearing boxers ... this way you won't get your panties in a bunch.

Lol

Edited by Troll Daddy

Lol at this thread.

1) The Angels are 1st in baseball in HR and 3rd in R. They need Skaggs and Santiago much more than they need Trumbo.

2) Trout's AVG, OBP and SLG are all better, which are much more important stats for obvious reasons.

3) Lol RBI's. It's fine to look at runs scored on a team to team basis. Using RBI's as an indicator for individual success, however, is mind boggling dumb.

I get it ... You're new school and I'm old school. Give me a 100 RBI's/100 runs scored and I could careless about AVG/OBP/SLG.

How you get there doesn't matter to me as long as you get there.

I think they did not need Trumbo and what they got for him was what they needed. That said, I am still surprised that the Angels could not pull more for him. I'd rather have him than the $200M man that is Pujols.

Angels would be a lot better off with Trumbo at 1B (not Pujols), Bourjos in the OF (not Hamilton), Wacha in the rotation (drafted in slot given up to sign Pujols), and ~$370M to spend on additional players.

I think the return the Angels got from Trumbo was more than reasonable. They should have got much more in return for Bourjos and Grichuk though.

Said it from day 1, the trumbo trade was very good for us.

But to comment on some of the comments in this thread, its not fair to call trumbos home runs in arizona 'meaningless'. I havent been following too closely, but that whole team seems to suck. Its not his fault that they cant putch tonsave their lives.

Yeah, his numbers seem like they did here (big power, low on base skills). But theyve also faced some pretty decent pitching so far (off the top of my head), and regardless of how we all think baseball should be played (get on base), its not a stretch to imagine his team is telling him 'swing away merrill'. Not trying to make excuses for the guy, but that was talked about a lot by their FO after the trade. They wanted someone who could hit bombs. Couple that with trumbo trying to secure a contract, and I could see where at this point hes not too concerned with his obp