• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbomb

The Angels should trade back for Trumbo for the lolz

theyll wait until he has a big contract to do that.

In terms of trumbos home runs being meaningless because the dbacks suck, would trout qualify for that too because hes 'not clutch'? Or a better argument, was trout overrated last year because he put up his numbers for a lousy pitching staff?

Its not trumbo (or goldschmidt), fault that team is losing right now. They cant pitch to save their lives. IP made a good point about his defense, but again, while hes made some highlight reel errors, even if me made those catches, he might prevent one of the 7 runs theyre giving up a game.

theyll wait until he has a big contract to do that.

In terms of trumbos home runs being meaningless because the dbacks suck, would trout qualify for that too because hes 'not clutch'? Or a better argument, was trout overrated last year because he put up his numbers for a lousy pitching staff?

Its not trumbo (or goldschmidt), fault that team is losing right now. They cant pitch to save their lives. IP made a good point about his defense, but again, while hes made some highlight reel errors, even if me made those catches, he might prevent one of the 7 runs theyre giving up a game.

I can't stand the not clutch argument. If Trout played as poorly as Trumbo did last year, he would've been the clutchest player in baseball.

It's very difficult for great hitters to also be just as great during clutch situations.

Dont get me wrong poozy, im not at all saying trout 'isnt clutch'. Just that, especially in baseball, one guy doesnt make a team (like basketball). Trout is the poster boy to prove it.

Definitely agree.

Even if Santiago and Skaggs end up struggling, it is still a good trade in my book, because it made perfect sense for the angels.. That's all I really care about.

Trumbo has been solid, but I think most dback fans would rather have Skaggs at this point. 

Also, Adam Eaton is looking great for the whitesox. He has a .900 OPS and .4 WAR right now.

Definitely agree.

Even if Santiago and Skaggs end up struggling, it is still a good trade in my book, because it made perfect sense for the angels.. That's all I really care about.

Trumbo has been solid, but I think most dback fans would rather have Skaggs at this point.

Also, Adam Eaton is looking great for the whitesox. He has a .900 OPS and .4 WAR right now.

yep. I think even worst case scenario (and im not suggesting this), skaggs or santiago could be traded at some point for another need. Meaning they will continue to be worth more to us than trumbo even if they are just average.

That eaton thing is salt on the wound! Feel kind of bad for arizona fans. When it rains it pours. Towers probably is on borrowed time based on some of his moves over the last few years

yep. I think even worst case scenario (and im not suggesting this), skaggs or santiago could be traded at some point for another need. Meaning they will continue to be worth more to us than trumbo even if they are just average.

That eaton thing is salt on the wound! Feel kind of bad for arizona fans. When it rains it pours. Towers probably is on borrowed time based on some of his moves over the last few years

They probably should have kept Skaggs and JUST traded Eaton for starting pitching. Their rotation is at least as much of a dumpster fire as the Angels at this point. 

After today's Dbacks Loss(4-14 now)

.197/.250/.493.

From his ESPN player profile page:

Spin: Since he hit his fifth home run of the season April 6, Trumbo has posted a putrid 0.83 average (3-for-36) over nine games  He's currently sporting a negative WAR (-0.3).  

April May are normally his best months -- maybe this is the year he pulls off a great second half.

That's basically all he does. Hit homers.

He could hit 40 bombs with a .220 avg and .280 OBP.

Of course it was the right move. Skaggs and Santiago are incredibly important to this team. 

The Bourjos trade on the other hand is still a head scratcher

Adam Dunn wants to know what's wrong with .220 and 40 hr.  

Edited by Erstad Grit

Is Arizona already thinking about moving Trumbo? Lol

He didn't play last night against the Dodgers.

Arizona stopped the losing streak. Kirk Gibson told Aaron Hill (who was 0-5 when he stepped to the plate in the 12th inning) that he would deliver the game-winning hit. He knocked in two runs with a single. D-Backs are now 5-14.

Edited by fan_since79