• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbomb

I get it ... You're new school and I'm old school. Give me a 100 RBI's/100 runs scored and I could careless about AVG/OBP/SLG.

How you get there doesn't matter to me as long as you get there.

Get this...   Trumbo has played in 15 games -- the D-Backs have won 4 of those games.  Of those 4 wins, Mark Trumbo has done nothing offensively (0-9) in two of those wins.   

You old school guys still care about wins right?  

But to comment on some of the comments in this thread, its not fair to call trumbos home runs in arizona 'meaningless'. I havent been following too closely, but that whole team seems to suck. Its not his fault that they cant putch tonsave their lives.

Calling his performance meaningless is too harsh I agree...  But, I don't think it's unfair to call it overrated.   His power has been nice, but it's not directly impacted their wins all that much.  Maybe more importantly, his piss poor defense has impacted their run prevention.   Trumbo is currently a 0.0 WAR guy and it's entirely because of his defense.  Trumbo and Parra are both butchering things in the OF.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm not sure how this thread got railroaded but it had nothing to do with the trade. I did mention that in my opening statement by saying the trade was the right move for the Angels.

I was looking at the RBI leaders and noticed that Trumbo was at the top. Somehow you guys find the need to criticize him ... I don't get it .

Btw all of Trouts 4 Hrs and 7 RBI's are non game changers.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Saw the "RBI" argument made as far back as Gary Matthews Jr...he's batting .220 but he has a ton of RBI so he has value!

Nonsense...

Last season, Trumbo had 100 RBI and batted .222 .282 .702 w/RISP and .195 .279 .656 w/RISP with 2 outs meaning he left a lot of runners on and made a ton of outs on the path to get those 100 RBI.  Despite this, the Angels still scored a lot of runs but were under .500 because of poor SP...which they got in exchange by trading this guy.  So far he's .233 .292 .876, so, unless he hits 60+ HRs, odds are pretty good he'll be near his career line of .249 .299 .772 by the end of the season with negative defensive value in OF.  Could he get better?  Sure, but, despite the first half of 2012, he's basically been the same player his entire MLB career.

I get it ... You're new school and I'm old school. Give me a 100 RBI's/100 runs scored and I could careless about AVG/OBP/SLG.

How you get there doesn't matter to me as long as you get there.

Funny thing is AVG/OBP/SLG aren't even new school.

I could break out wRC+, wOBA and WAR in this thread...

Hitting for power is the only thing he does well. Everything else he does is below average to awful.

Trumbo's WAR at the moment: a cool 0.0

Position players on the Angels with a higher WAR than Trumbo at the moment: Trout, Hamilton, Cowgill, Conger, Aybar, Calhoun, Pujols, Shuck, Ibanez, McDonald, Stewart, Ianetta, and Kendrick.

Trumbo's power is nice, but it quickly gets offset by his awful defense, below average baserunning and god-awful OBP.

Edited by Angels

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension ? All I was trying to point out is that Trumbo is leading all of baseball in RBI's.

I always root for ex-Angels ... even if that last name happens to be Lackey.

Try wearing boxers ... this way you won't get your panties in a bunch.

Lol

I find boxers become more bunchy than panties... Boxer briefs are the best of both worlds.

Hitting with runners in scoring position seems to be a big complaint around here ... yet RBI's aren't appreciated here.

Good stuff

ha!  This IS a strangely ironic statement

you should try to start these threads on off days.  My favorite is how you work Trout in 'randomly'. 

this one had all the key elements

1. Former player

2. RBI

3. Trout comp

No pitcher wins? 

Arizona pitching. 5.95 ERA, 1.54 WHIP.

It's hard to have a meaningful AB, when the entire pitching staff is about on the level as Blanton. Trumbo will probably be traded to a contender at the trade deadline.

Yeah, its gotta be hard (for every guy on that team) to get up for a game when youre assuming youre gonna get lit every time. I thought bradley would be super solid (it is way early to be fair), and corbin would have been better than anyone else theyre throwing

Ask dback fans how they feel about the trade.

Their starters ERA is 7.18. Good for the worst in baseball by over a run and a half.

They also have a 4-11 record.

Trumbo sure is great at hitting useless bombs though.

Being the lone Angels fan in a family full of DBacks fans I can assure you that my head would be rolling if Trumbomb would have been a bomb. Phoenix loves Trumbo and Trumbo loves Phoenix...it is truly the pitching that has DBacks fans going nuts.

That's basically all he does. Hit homers.

He could hit 40 bombs with a .220 avg and .280 OBP.

Of course it was the right move. Skaggs and Santiago are incredibly important to this team. 

The Bourjos trade on the other hand is still a head scratcher

Anyone who believes the trade was bad obviously hasn't seen Skaggs pitch this year.  I guess they would prefer to have Trumbo in the lineup and have Hanson and Blanton pitch instead.

If Trumbo was still here with the Angels, Blanton would still be playing baseball for us.

That alone makes the trade worthwhile.  I am happy for Trumbo, I hope he is an MVP.  We needed Skaggs, and Santiago could be damn good.  Not having Blanton and Hanson in there is worth ten Trumbo's IMO