• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia tips his cap to Justin Smoak & Ramirez

while I am not happy with these two losses or the way the team has looked, I do think it's laughable that people thing what MS says to the media is the same as what he say to the team.  And that not calling out his guys in a press conference constitutes a lack of accountability. 

What do you want him to say? What do other managers say when they're beaten by one of our pitchers?

Holy hell this is old.

I would like to see a fired up reaction. Something like Lasorda when he was asked about Dave Kingman's performance. He needs to fire up this team before they have to go climbing a mountain again.

How bout just a little accountability ?

Just a little.

Accountability for what? You do realize that there are is another team on the field trying to stop your team from winning.

I will never understand the hypocrisy of those who are critical of others who do something they themselves could never do.

They need something to wake them from their stupor. They're sleepwalking out there right now, and have been pretty lethargic for much of the past four years.

So many disappointing losses and bad fundamental baseball all-around.

edit: Let me add that the most disappointing thing is the constant tipping of the cap after the losses when we play badly. I'm tired of the other team getting praised on the nights when we beat ourselves. 

Edited by fan_since79

I will never understand the hypocrisy of those who are critical of others who do something they themselves could never do.

I hope you never criticize a doctor, then. I also hope you never criticize a politician, either.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that is one of the worst types of arguments—it's insulting, even.

Yea, Mike should call his players out in the media. My god you guys are incredibly stupid. Mike says boring ass stuff that has zero impact on how his players perform. But you guys want yet another reason to shit on him. If you deny it, you are only lying to yourself.

I think people just want Scioscia to show some fire and hold some guys accountable for the poor performance. I would have liked to have seen him call Freese out in the postgame for the lack of fundamentals shown (awful defense, getting picked off first trailing by 3). Maybe even bench his ass and send a message like a real manager with balls would do. This manager is more than happy to pat you on the butt after awful plays that little leaguers could even make. There is zero accountability with Sosh. Freese (for example) knows he'll be penciled into  the 6th spot playing 3B tomorrow no matter how awful he plays. 

I don't want Scioscia to throw players under the bus. However, I do want the team to play with a sense of urgency that I'm not seeing right now and haven't seen for some time. I don't want the start of this season to mirror the start of last season...or the one before that...or the one before that. They have to stop with thinking that it's early, even if it is. Every game should be played as if winning that game is the most important task that can be accomplished.

It doesn't look like this is happening, and that is on the manager.

I don't care that he's not fired up or throwing players under the bus during interviews. However, I DO care that praising the other team and tipping the cap to them avoids having to talk about the real issue...how the team itself is playing.

He can simply say, "I am not happy with the way that the team is playing, and we will be making adjustments as warranted."

Meh. I think thats just his style. None of us know what goes on one on one, behind closed doors. If sosh's style is to keep his thoughts to himself, thats his business.

Im more frustrated with his decisions than his comments.

I'm frustrated with his decisions, too.

I'm absolutely more frustrated with the lack of focus and the missing sense of urgency of the players on this team. That is something that many managers handle well.

Scioscia is not one of them.

If thats the case mark, it pisses me off too. But I dont know if there is a lack of urgency. (For arguments sake). If I go to the tilted kilt right now and see them laughing and lighting farts with lighters all night, yeah, that would piss me off. But to be fair, for all we know, theyre quietly freaking out about tonight (devils advocate).

I just think that if sosh feels like its his role to act nonchalant / poker face, so be it. As long as (if he is at least) hes cracking whips behind closed doors.

what you see on the field, over an extended number of games, is a reflection of the manager. in the angels case, as it stands today, that's an indictment on scioscia as a manager. i couldn't care less about what he says to the media because i understand how big league clubhouses work. my thoughts on scioscia have been voiced many times on this board, so i'll refrain from piling on after a loss.

Apparently criticizing the fat man is off limits on this board

Sorry, but this has to be the dumbest things ever written on here.  Because see, if it was off limits, as you say, your post and this thread would have been deleted.  However, since there have been thousands and thousands of posts critcizing Sosh along with hundreds of threads, your theory must be fatally flawed.  Now go back to logic class because you have clearly failed to grasp the concept of it.

I will say though that the fat man stuff may get you banned  (and rightly so)

Edited by mtangelsfan

Sorry, but this has to be the dumbest things ever written on here. Because see, if it was off limits, as you say, your post and this thread would have been deleted. However, since there have been thousands and thousands of posts critcizing Sosh along with hundreds of threads, your theory must be fatally flawed. Now go back to logic class because you have clearly failed to grasp the concept of it.

I will say though that the fat man stuff may get you banned (and rightly so)

I had thread and post deleted last night by mods.

Yea, Mike should call his players out in the media. My god you guys are incredibly stupid. Mike says boring ass stuff that has zero impact on how his players perform. But you guys want yet another reason to shit on him. If you deny it, you are only lying to yourself.

Warning point one for calling people stupid