• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia tips his cap to Justin Smoak & Ramirez

The mods vs. the angry posters is a better fight than any of the players are putting up.

I wish this wasn't true.  I was at the game last night with my girlfriend and she asked me "why do the Mariners ABs take over ten minutes, but the Angels ABs seem to be over in a minute?"  

I didn't have an answer.

I can't really tell you if Scioscia is a good manager or not, but I think there's some merit to the idea that managers wear out their welcome. It's possible that players stop responding to a manager after a certain point, especially when the team has been mired in poor performances for several years. A lot of teams around the majors have seen a changing of the guard so to speak, so maybe it's time for the Angels and Scioscia to part ways. 

Nando, criticizing Scioscia is not off limits, calling him stupid names is off limits. I deleted that post.

I look forward to clever posters trying to figure out a way around that and calling Scioscia a lasagna-lover.  

A Scioscia comment from last night:

"There's a lot of things we need to do better," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "We're a better team than showed up the last couple of games. We're getting some guys on base, and our situational hitting was great all spring. We just have to do a little bit better job of it."

I'd say that is a more pointed comment than we usually hear from him. Not showing up or directly blaming certain players, but not exactly sugar-coating it either.

I can't really tell you if Scioscia is a good manager or not, but I think there's some merit to the idea that managers wear out their welcome. It's possible that players stop responding to a manager after a certain point, especially when the team has been mired in poor performances for several years. A lot of teams around the majors have seen a changing of the guard so to speak, so maybe it's time for the Angels and Scioscia to part ways. 

Let's flip the argument a bit.   I don't see Mike Trout loafing or playing casual..  I don't see Calhoun doing that either.   JB Shuck may have been a no talent schmuck according to some but he didn't seem like a slapdick last year either.  So, if the young guys aren't going through the motions, and it's the long tenured Angels that are behaving the way you're saying -- maybe it's time to get rid of THEM...  They seem to be the ones failing to stick to the game-plan and sleepwalking through the season. Guys that used to play hard and don't anymore -- who's really to blame?  The manager for expecting them to be pros or the player for milking it -- when did anyone see Torii Hunter do anything but go full speed?  I thought Disar and all these coaches they brought in were supposed to up the focus and heighten the sense of urgency?  Maybe fans want to see a guy blow up because it would mirror their emotions, not because it would actually do anything to help the team.

Or maybe, it's been two games and nobody is being a slapdick but rather they just played like complete crap.   I mean, the two pitchers that are supposed to be the sure thinks pretty much tanked -- it starts with them.   Would be ironic if the three guys labeled question marks turn around and come up big.  

This team may in fact need to part ways with people -- I'm not certain it's not some of the players.  The good thing is if they don't start playing well, they likely will.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Smoak clutched up after we intentionally walked Cano, I have no problem with tipping the cap to him. Ramirez was nails last night, once again, I have no problem with acknowledging when someone plays well, regardless of the team they play for.

Hi guys and gals, from now on after every game, please mirror the thread title above and create a new thread to discuss all of Scioscia's bad moves, bad baserunning plays, stories from the Blowpen, as well as kudos to certain players, manager/coaches decisions etc. 

This will give you a chance to VENT, SCREAM and YELL, and also praise the Angels when warranted in a thread of its own. This will also reduce the amount of spammed threads that cover all of the areas of a possible shitty game. 

A Scioscia comment from last night:

"There's a lot of things we need to do better," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "We're a better team than showed up the last couple of games. We're getting some guys on base, and our situational hitting was great all spring. We just have to do a little bit better job of it."

I'd say that is a more pointed comment than we usually hear from him. Not showing up or directly blaming certain players, but not exactly sugar-coating it either.

I watch the game, but after the game is over I don't sit around like a vulture after a loss, just so I can get pissed off at a quote that comes out of Mike's mouth. Reading the above quote reminds me of what I already know, people on here hate Mike and will focus on all of his coined phrases which pisses them off even more. They call Mike out for not calling out his players, well that quote above is Mike calling out his players.

I would bet that behind closed doors Mike is much less relaxed. He isn't going to single out anyone to the media or say how much the team sucks, but I would guess that if a player ****s up, he is going to hear about it.

It's just a smart, ethical business practice. You don't call an employee meeting and then blast a specific employee for making a mistake.

I watch the game, but after the game is over I don't sit around like a vulture after a loss, just so I can get pissed off at a quote that comes out of Mike's mouth. Reading the above quote reminds me of what I already know, people on here hate Mike and will focus on all of his coined phrases which pisses them off even more. They call Mike out for not calling out his players, well that quote above is Mike calling out his players.

I have no problem with that particular statement. It's what I want to see more of when they play like crap. However, I also need to see results...words made into action.