• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Figgy gives halos the finger.

Figgy is like a woman we hooked up with and for a while she was bordering on a six or seven.  Then we saw her without the makeup and hungover on too many mornings and decided to move on.  Seattle saw him/her the next night at a different bar and she was made-up and dressed to kill, and they put a ring on it.  The next morning she was honking in the toilet and chain-smoking Marlboro Lights, and asking for money.

We just laughed at our good fortune that he/she hoodwinked Seattle.

Seattle finally got sick of him/her and went through with the divorce.  Now he/she's back in the bars and looking as good as he/she can, which is to say not at all.  The Dodgers happened to be in the same bar with her and decided to give him/her a try as a backup to a backup to a backup.  Figgy is pissed but that's more than he/she merits, and then some reporter asked him/her about his/her old flame, the one he/she went all the way with.  Of course there will be some barely-disguised bitterness.

Edited by Glen

The Angels got the best production of Figgins career for what turned into a bargain price.  Since he left he's been overpaid, irrelevant and didn't play all of 2013 because he couldn't cut it.  

I like Tin's explanation but I'd say it's more like a chick you dated in high school who was a 6 or 7 by horny teenage boy HS standards.  You knew she was at her peak then but she let it go to her head and jumped ship.  Now she's overweight, has 5 kids and is living in a double wide while trying to trash talk you on facebook.  Who gives a shit.  

That isn't true.  The Los Angeles Angels of the PCL are a different animal than the Angels of today.  They played in the same place and Gene Autry bought the name from the Dodgers.  That's it.  

The franchise history after leaving Los Angeles includes stays in Spokane, Washington as the "Indians" from 1958–1971 and Albuquerque, New Mexico(where it assumed the name Albuquerque Dukes, a venerable baseball franchise name in the "Duke City") from 1972 to 2000. The franchise was sold and became the third incarnation of the Portland Beavers from 2000 to 2010. In 2010, the franchise was purchased by San Diego Padres principal owner Jeff Moorad, after the Portland City Council chose to build a new soccer-only facility over a proposed joint-use baseball and soccer stadium.[3] Moraad intended to have the team play in Escondido, California starting in 2013, however those plans fell through.[4] Until then, the franchise has been temporarily relocated to Tucson, Arizona and nicknamed the Tucson Padres.[5] According to the KVIA, they will be moving to El Paso, Texas in time for the 2014 season

The Padres have been around since 1903.   :P 

The Angels got the best production of Figgins career for what turned into a bargain price.  Since he left he's been overpaid, irrelevant and didn't play all of 2013 because he couldn't cut it.  

I like Tin's explanation but I'd say it's more like a chick you dated in high school who was a 6 or 7 by horny teenage boy HS standards.  You knew she was at her peak then but she let it go to her head and jumped ship.  Now she's overweight, has 5 kids and is living in a double wide while trying to trash talk you on facebook.  Who gives a shit.  

I thought I was the master of sexist analogies, but now I'm not sure...

Figgy sucked in the playoffs when he led off.

The whole offense struggled because Figgy couldn't get on base.

He was a disgrace in the playoffs. Got completely exposed.

in 135 PA he hit .172/.223/.246.

Why would he disrespect the angels now? What does he have to gain? 

Edited by Poozy

He was a disgrace in the playoffs. Got completely exposed.

in 135 PA he hit .172/.223/.246.

Why would he disrespect the angels now? What does he have to gain? 

I knew he was bad without even looking up his slash...

But I didn't know he was THAT bad.

He should probably wait a decade or two before attending any reunions..

Edited by Homebrewer

So by that logic.  McCourt was an absolute brilliant businessman.  

Well, he bought a team without assests, screwed his wife in a divorce preceeding that denied her part ownership, flim flammed even MLB for loans he couldn't pay back, then sold the team and stadium but kept the property it is sitting on. The guy is a financial Einstein.

Edited by Eric Notti