• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Aybar projects for bottom of Angels' batting order

Angels manager Mike Scioscia admitted Erick Aybar is "more of a matchup guy" at the leadoff spot at this point. He has the speed and is a good bunter, but Aybar's career .317 on-base percentage, not to mention the .301 mark he finished with last season, will probably keep him batting eighth or ninth for most of 2014.

View the full article

"Erick's on-base hasn't been horrible," Scioscia said. "Some years it's been down. But I think, overall, Erick's a guy who gets on base. He bunts a lot and manages to set the table."

Are you retarded?

Edited by Spencer

Haha, Scioscia won't say anything bad about a player (until the player fails to "execute" a particularly questionable managerial decision).

It's great to know Scioscia doesn't really see him at the top of the order. I can live with him leading off every once and awhile when he's facing a pitcher he's gone 5/10 against in his career. lol

The real question is should Aybar even be the starting SS? How much do you really lose if you went with a platoon situation and then turn around and trade Aybar for some pitching?

I think the problem here is, who's still out there that the Angels could match up with on a deal like that?

The Mets have the most obvious need for a SS, but considering where they are competitively, is 2 years of Erick Aybar really worth giving up young pitching for?

They aren't an Erick Aybar away from contention this year. Maybeeee next year if Harvey is healthy, and some of those pitching prospects come up and contribute.

I think there was much more potential for this idea before the Cardinals signed Peralta.

Edited by jshep