• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Bourjos says he can steal 40 bases

Chuck

So this is where the line is drawn.  Those who preferred to see Burjous traded are going to rip on him when they get the chance.  Or, if he starts to succeed, then many of the ones who liked petey will be here to tell the others how stupid the Angels were to trade him.

Petey is on the Cards now.  I wish him well, but he's not an Angel anymore. 

he's always had the speed for it but he really does have issues with getting good reads/jumps on the basepaths

I also am not sure he'll get the AB's needed. Looks like he'll be platooning with Jay in CF. They also have one of the top prospect in MLB in Oscar Taveras who will be in AAA and is pretty much major league ready

So this is where the line is drawn.  Those who preferred to see Burjous traded are going to rip on him when they get the chance.  Or, if he starts to succeed, then many of the ones who liked petey will be here to tell the others how stupid the Angels were to trade him.

Petey is on the Cards now.  I wish him well, but he's not an Angel anymore. 

we don't draw lines at AW, we build bridges. 

and then we hide out on our side of the bridge ready to ambush. 

Peter Bourjos has the speed to steal 40 bases easily.  He's one of the top 5 fastest players in the game, but Scioscia never gave him the green light.  This is partly Scioscia's fault for holding him back and partly Bourjos' fault for not reading pitchers better.  

I would not be surprised in the least if he swiped 40 in 2014.  I think 30 is considerably more likely. 

I love Petey's speed, but I don't think the Cardinals are going to allow him to steal 40 bases. The Cards aren't a team blessed with much speed, but they only attempted 67 steals as a team in all of 2013. That just isn't part of their gameplan so I have a hard time imagining him being given the green light enough to even attempt 40 steals.

I want Peter to have a great year, only to be outdone by the year Freese has.

Or at least equally great years.

Peter is a GREAT person. He was the first current Major League Angels player that I interviewed when I went into the clubhouse for the first time and he has ALWAYS been great to the fans on this website. We should only want to see him succeed now and in the future.