• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Bourjos says he can steal 40 bases

Chuck

Watch him hit .290 with 20 HR and an .840 OPS, steal 50 bases, and put up an 8+ WAR season.

I would give up on the game of baseball at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does that.  Despite his detractors, PB really didn't have much of a chance here.  As a rookie he was one of the best players on the team.  His second year he was demoted because of the rise of Trout and the need to platoon Trumbo, Abreu, and Wells.

Last year he was the best hitter on the team until his injury.  I think PB will be an All Star some day at St. Louis.  Now, to be fair, the trade only goes bad if Freese doesn't provide equal production on his end with the Angels.  I am sure there are optimist who believe Freese can be an All Star with the Angels.

Remind me who here is badmouthing Bourjos? I hope you're not insinuating that I am.

If anything, I'm with Scotty in that he should have been given more chances to steal bases. But maybe Scioscia saw something in his first step to attempt to steal bags that gave him reservations.

There are a lot who do bad mouth him but I don't remember you ever doing it.  MHD and Hamiltown are two that I can think of. 

There are a lot who do bad mouth him but I don't remember you ever doing it.  MHD and Hamiltown are two that I can think of. 

He did it Chuck, he did it.

PointingBabySmall.jpg

I've never bashed Bourjos. I got a chance to meet him at the Angels cooking challenge and he's a nice down to earth guy.

Pujols on the other hand.....

Hes got the ability to do it. Whether or not he really does it remains to be seen.

Someone on here mentioned the cards arent a running team, so that could be an issue. Some have mentioned on here before that scioscia is the one who greenlights players running.....theres more truth to that than some want to believe.

To put it another way, comparing trout last year to his rookie year, it wasnt a matter of him being slower or forgetting how to do it...

He did it Chuck, he did it.

PointingBabySmall.jpg

I've never bashed Bourjos. I got a chance to meet him at the Angels cooking challenge and he's a nice down to earth guy.

Pujols on the other hand.....

If that is true, than I am mistaken and confusing you with someone else.  My point is that there are many on this board who bash PB.

My Bad!