• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Peter Bourjos says he can steal 40 bases

Chuck

We have our 2014 equivalent of the Napoli Wars of 2011!

AW historical timeline:

? - ?  - The Golden Age of Ralston Schmidt

2004 - 2009 - The dynamic and prosperous rule of Vlad the Impaler. 

Vlad was a benevolent dictator with a vast harem.  He enforced his rule mostly alone with his big bat upon his trusty steed Lackey.  He lived with his mom.

Generally only opposed by Lord Gibbon

His time was not without difficulty and uprising such as:

2004-2006 - The Erstadian Conflict

2005-2011 - The Rise of the Mathites.  Led by the Duchess Cera (of course)

2006- ?  - The Napolionic Wars.  Still raging to this day

2010 - current - The rise of the Fish King

A prodigy whose reign has begun under tumultuous circumstances such as:

the failed rule of the Duke of Wood

a lack of support from the Wizard Pujols and Jester Josh

poor military funding and a weak Arm(y) with no reinforcements from the far east

tactical calamity from his support staff like the Baron of Sandwich and the Butcher of Anaheim

a brewing holy war due to the exile of Bourjesus

Edited by Dochalo

Actually he's a great baserunner, he's a below average basestealer.

I put the two together.  Going first to third was only part of it.  Getting a good lead and stealing bases is another.

Orlando Cabrera was a great baserunner, he didn't have PBJ speed but he had great instincts.  PBJ had awful base running instincts.

What's the difference between Card fans badmouthing Pujols and aw members badmouthing Burjous?

Nothing.  Both are lame.  They don't play for your team anymore.

I could actually see how Cards fans would badmouth Pujols as he left on his own.  Bourjos got traded. 

Also, the articles states that it's his goal to steal 40 bags contingent on playing time and how his bat is working with him acknowledging that walks are not his strong suit. 

So this is where the line is drawn.  Those who preferred to see Burjous traded are going to rip on him when they get the chance.  Or, if he starts to succeed, then many of the ones who liked petey will be here to tell the others how stupid the Angels were to trade him.

Petey is on the Cards now.  I wish him well, but he's not an Angel anymore. 

It's gona be like Mathis / Napoli. No matter what happens people here are going to fight about it.

What's the difference between Card fans badmouthing Pujols and aw members badmouthing Burjous?

Nothing.  Both are lame.  They don't play for your team anymore.

Remind me who here is badmouthing Bourjos? I hope you're not insinuating that I am.

If anything, I'm with Scotty in that he should have been given more chances to steal bases. But maybe Scioscia saw something in his first step to attempt to steal bags that gave him reservations.

Actually he's a great baserunner, he's a below average basestealer.

Considering that the Angels stole 134 bases in 2012 and only 82 in 2013 this kinda makes me wonder how many stolen bases Calhoun, Hamilton, Pujols, Freese, Conger, Iannetta and Ibanez can muster up. Kendrick and Aybar are both declining in base steals so it looks Trout will have to pull the load again.    

His stolen base success rate actually isn't bad.  75% career... slightly above the MLB average from 2010-2013 (72-73%).   The problem is he doesn't get on base very much.  He's got a shot if he has a decent year at the plate and stays healthy, but I'd bet that he won't steal 40 bases in 2014.  

Mike Trout has the third highest career stolen base percentage of all players after 1951.   87.755%

He's had 31 stolen bases combined the last 3 years. 

I'm not seeing any way he'll possibly steal 40 in one year all of the sudden. 

I think he's going to have a lot more energy and pep, now that he's out from under the depressing thumb of Scioscia.

And confidence. 

Edited by fan_since79

It's good to believe in yourself and I believe under the right circumstances Peter Bourjos could steal 40 bases next season. I think Bourjos will have more stolen bases than Pujols has home runs. Let's see how that plays out.

that would suck if bourjos got hurt and only ended up with 12...............and won that competition. 

There are two things that Bourjos will need to do to have a shot at 40 SB.

He's going to need to stay healthy and play full time... those are pretty big question marks.

I like Peter and enjoyed him as an Angel but while he surely has the speed to steal 40 he doesn't seem to have the other part - maybe that's the mental part or learning to read pitchers better etc etc

I like Peter and enjoyed him as an Angel but while he surely has the speed to steal 40 he doesn't seem to have the other part - maybe that's the mental part or learning to read pitchers better etc etc

Mike Scioscia will do that to players. 

He could never get into kind of flow to get comfortable due to lack of playing time, injuries and not having a green light.

The dude was pretty much a rookie in 2011 and managed to swipe 22 bags in only 500 abs.

AW historical timeline:

? - ?  - The Golden Age of Ralston Schmidt

2004 - 2009 - The dynamic and prosperous rule of Vlad the Impaler. 

Vlad was a benevolent dictator with a vast harem.  He enforced his rule mostly alone with his big bat upon his trusty steed Lackey.  He lived with his mom.

Generally only opposed by Lord Gibbon

His time was not without difficulty and uprising such as:

2004-2006 - The Erstadian Conflict

2005-2011 - The Rise of the Mathites.  Led by the Duchess Cera (of course)

2006- ?  - The Napolionic Wars.  Still raging to this day

2010 - current - The rise of the Fish King

A prodigy whose reign has begun under tumultuous circumstances such as:

the failed rule of the Duke of Wood

a lack of support from the Wizard Pujols and Jester Josh

poor military funding and a weak Arm(y) with no reinforcements from the far east

tactical calamity from his support staff like the Baron of Sandwich and the Butcher of Anaheim

a brewing holy war due to the exile of Bourjesus

Bravo!

Considering that the Angels stole 134 bases in 2012 and only 82 in 2013 this kinda makes me wonder how many stolen bases Calhoun, Hamilton, Pujols, Freese, Conger, Iannetta and Ibanez can muster up. Kendrick and Aybar are both declining in base steals so it looks Trout will have to pull the load again.    

put ibanez down for zero now.

mike will still send him though