• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

School Omits 'Christ' from 'Silent Night,' Upsetting Parents

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/school-omits-39-christ-39-39-silent-night-193900497.html

Christ has officially been removed from Christmas. At least that was the case at one middle school on Long Island, New York, where its holiday-concert chorus sang a version of "Silent Night" that had all references to "the savior" and "holy infant" removed by school administrators.

I'm wondering why they would even bother singing Silent Night in the first place. It's a song about the birth of Jesus - how do you sing it without referring to Jesus?

Idiots.

Seriously!  I've gone to enough of my kid's holiday programs now that stick with the basic Holy Jolly Christmas or Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc.  If you don't want religious songs, just stay away from them altogether.

Seriously!  I've gone to enough of my kid's holiday programs now that stick with the basic Holy Jolly Christmas or Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc.  If you don't want religious songs, just stay away from them altogether.

This...it really doesn't make sense to include the song without all the words. Dumb

I don't want to start a big old thing here, but I don't get schools wanting to avoid the religious imagery. I am not a religious person, but I do believe that religion is a good starting point for moral compass, not that it is the only way to have a moral compass, but it is a good start. I'm assuming the number of truly offended people is minimal. As it is we make a lot of concessions for a small minority of people. Oh well, it isn't going to go back the other way so I guess it doesn't matter.

Those that are offended probably shouldn't celebrate Christmas as it is a Christian holiday to begin with. If I didn't agree with a holiday because of my religous views then I wouldn't celebrate it or have my kid in the school play that celebrates it.

That doesn't fit their agenda therefore you're wrong.

Those that are offended probably shouldn't celebrate Christmas as it is a Christian holiday to begin with. If I didn't agree with a holiday because of my religous views then I wouldn't celebrate it or have my kid in the school play that celebrates it.

This is part of the problem.  Why can't everyone at a school function celebrate or sing together? IMO, it's better to be inclusive than exclusionary. Either include all traditions or none. A lot of "Christmas" traditions are not religious anyway.

This is part of the problem.  Why can't everyone at a school function celebrate or sing together? IMO, it's better to be inclusive than exclusionary. Either include all traditions or none. A lot of "Christmas" traditions are not religious anyway.

I'm really getting  tired of you disparaging the biblical significance of Frosty the Snowman!

I'm wondering why they would even bother singing Silent Night in the first place. It's a song about the birth of Jesus - how do you sing it without referring to Jesus?

Idiots.

Emphasis on "idiots". Did they also omit "Holy Night" or "Holy Infant"? Aren't those explicit religious references? Of course they are.