• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

*Official* 2014 "sick" lineup thread

stevestevens

I'm pretty sure at the winter meetings scioscia said trout would be batting in the middle of the order. It'll probably be

If that is the case (even after considering Greg's article) I would rather see Trout bat third than second.  But I still think his OBA is much more valuable to the team as a lead-off hitter.

If pitchers pitched to batters and not runners then they wouldn't pitch from the stretch.

The research shows pitch selection does not change with even a good base stealer on base. Logic also states that if you get the guy at the plate out you have a better chance of minimizing runs scored. Just think, who is more dangerous, the batter or the runner? Only a foolish pitcher would serve a FB to a FB hitter with someone on base.

This was all proved by Howie not getting FB when hit second for the Angels.

Edited by GregAlso

If that is the case (even after considering Greg's article) I would rather see Trout bat third than second. But I still think his OBA is much more valuable to the team as a lead-off hitter.

wOBA or OBP?

What is your reasoning for batting him third over second? He'll come to the plate more with two outs nobody on than in the second spot.

I just can't see Calhoun as a lead-off guy.  His OBP is relatively low (especially compared to Trout)  and is a below-average base stealer with minimal speed (especially compared to Trout).  With Trout on first, Calhoun is going to see a lot of fast balls that he can pull.

Calhoun has a OBP over .400 in the past 2 years in the minors and had a .347 OBP up in his time here.

I have no reason to believe that he isn't going to get on base at an above average rate. Good pop too and a decent baserunner so he's a great guy to have at the top. 

Read the article I posted in this thread and then maybe you'll understand why he shouldn't hit third. Then maybe I'll take you seriously.

So not only are you unaware of how this team works, you have terrible reading comprehension as well. That sucks.

I clearly stated that Pujols won't hit anywhere other than 3rd due to Scoscia, Dipoto, Moreno and himself all somehow agreeing (same with the manager, GM and owner in St.Louis who had him playing #3 every year as well). I did not say that I wanted him hitting 3rd. Keep up kiddo.

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Hamilton

Freese

Ibanez

Kendrick

Conger

Aybar

Really do not want to see Trout and Pujols bunched together again.  Trout could steal 50+ bags easily hitting in front of Calhoun and he's the best OBP guy we have, it's a no-brainer to me.  I don't care how many RBI's Trout gets, I want to start rallies, pressure pitchers early, and get our best hitter the most plate appearances.  We're paying 50+ million dollars to two guys who are supposed to be the RBI guys.  Let's give them a lot of opportunities to be just that.