• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For those complaining about the FO

Things could be worse. Mariners FO doesn't come out looking good here

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariners/2022420240_mariners08xml.html

“Jack portrayed himself as a scouting/stats hybrid because that’s what he needed to get the job,” Blengino said. “But Jack never has understood one iota about statistical analysis. To this day, he evaluates hitters by homers, RBI and batting average and pitchers by wins and ERA. Statistical analysis was foreign to him. But he knew he needed it to get in the door.”

Blengino said Zduriencik became obsessed with power hitters, ignoring defense, baserunning and roster construction. He said the GM also dismissed the importance of evaluating players within the context of their contract values.

Zduriencik then made him “look like an ass” in front of baseball operations brass in spring training 2012 after Blengino gave a presentation on possible benefits from advances in computerized hitting data.

“He nitpicked about font sizes and column widths,” Blengino said. “He did what he always does and made fun of something he couldn’t understand.”

A GM who evaluates players based on wins and home runs. Maybe the Halos should try shipping Trumbo to them for Taijuan Walker!

Even if all of this is true and not exaggerated, it is pretty stupid of him to reveal it publicly.

Good luck getting hired again, Tony Blengino.

exactly. poor career move. he better hope he's an irrreplaceable genius, otherwise, he'll find himself asking for jobs from the very position that he outed in print.

Blengino >>>> Dipoto and Z combined.

Cano = Pujols. Good luck with that contract, M's.

like you even knew who he was before this posting.

I am pretty sure this is all true. Tom Tango (his alias), one of the foremost SABER writers, was a consultant and took his Marcel the Monkey Forecasting System and FIP to Chicago to help the Cubs rebuild. Most of the front office has been fired or pushed out and 3 managers later and the team is still no better when Z took over. Something is fishier over there than the Pikes Market.

Wow. Pretty incredible to see guys who presumably are still hoping to find employment in baseball being willing to attach their names to this stuff.

I'm glad they did though, cause man that's pretty fascinating. Probably less fascinating and more frustrating if you're a Mariners fan though.

Well then.....whenever I feel down about Dipoto I'll always remember Jack Zduriencik could be our GM.

To be honest, I sort of wish Tony Blengino was in our front office.   His books with John Benson (Future Stars), were easily the best publications on prospects ever printed, far better than anything BBP or BBA has ever put out,  They used to grade drafts over the course of 5 years and were the best melding of advance statistical analysis and tools ever put to print..   That was the first place I had ever read the name Albert Pujols.

Even if all of this is true and not exaggerated, it is pretty stupid of him to reveal it publicly.

Good luck getting hired again, Tony Blengino.

Whats worse, being considered a tattle-tale or a failure?   Blengino's a known guy, the Angels would do well to hire him before a team like the Cubs, Boston or LAD does..

This is nothing new and confirms what us Mariner fans have heard for years. 

I also don't think everything Blengino said is true ... guy has an axe to grind. I do however believe Wedge .. even though he was a shitty manager. 

Chuck Armstrong is leaving ... Howard Lincoln hopefully follows soon after.

Every FO has its share of dirty laundry.Good luck to Wedge/Blengino ever getting another baseball job ... as I'm sure every other team who reads this will be wary of what they will do if they are ever eventually let go.

That and Geoff Baker is a douchebag. Waits until everyone is looking at the Mariners to release this article right before the Winter Meetings. He needs to ship his ass back to Toronto. I really hate the media ... not just baseball media ... pretty much all media.

Dave Cameron also sucks ... always comes across as a know it all arrogant asshole.

Jack Z has still built a pretty decent farm system ... it's not his fault that other teams "highly touted" prospects haven't really panned out (Smoak/Montero). Same with Ackley ... he was the consensus #2 pick in that draft. 

Edited by Ender