• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

For those complaining about the FO

This is nothing new and confirms what us Mariner fans have heard for years. 

I also don't think everything Blengino said is true ... guy has an axe to grind. I do however believe Wedge .. even though he was a shitty manager. 

Chuck Armstrong is leaving ... Howard Lincoln hopefully follows soon after.

Every FO has its share of dirty laundry.Good luck to Wedge/Blengino ever getting another baseball job ... as I'm sure every other team who reads this will be wary of what they will do if they are ever eventually let go.

That and Geoff Baker is a douchebag. Waits until everyone is looking at the Mariners to release this article right before the Winter Meetings. He needs to ship his ass back to Toronto. I really hate the media ... not just baseball media ... pretty much all media.

Dave Cameron also sucks ... always comes across as a know it all arrogant asshole.

I've got a lot of Ms fans buddies and have posted back and forth with them since the mid 90s on the old AOL Stats Inc boards and usernet..  The constant back and forth between the Howard and Chuck apologists and those who saw them as the root of all things evil in Seattle make the Scioscia wars seem very very mild.

I've got a lot of Ms fans buddies and have posted back and forth with them since the mid 90s on the old AOL Stats Inc boards and usernet..  The constant back and forth between the Howard and Chuck apologists and those who saw them as the root of all things evil in Seattle make the Scioscia wars seem very very mild.

I honestly didn't know Chuck and Howard apologists existed!

That and Geoff Baker is a douchebag. Waits until everyone is looking at the Mariners to release this article right before the Winter Meetings. He needs to ship his ass back to Toronto. I really hate the media ... not just baseball media ... pretty much all media.

Dave Cameron also sucks ... always comes across as a know it all arrogant asshole.

Wait, who's got an axe to grind?

And what do you want Baker to do, release this on Superbowl Sunday and hope no one reads it?

Wait, who's got an axe to grind?

And what do you want Baker to do, release this on Superbowl Sunday and hope no one reads it?

Both Wedge and Blengino have an axe to grind.

Blengino worked with Jack Z for how long with the Brewers? Why did he follow him to Seattle if he knew Jack Z didn't really listen to a word he said? Makes no sense to me. 

Blengino went from assistant to the GM to a part time writer on Fangraphs. I'd be mad too for being let go. 

My Geoff Baker comment ... meh. I just haven't liked him for a real long time.

Edited by Ender

Ender does not fully represent what real baseball fans in the pac nw feel.  

Like most other markets, M's beat writers have always had to be careful with what they say or they risk getting blown off by the M's incompetent front office. 

Baker, the author of this article, just got a well-earned promotion in November for the Seattle Times, and is not longer exclusively attached to the Mariners for his job.  Any real M's fan is happy about this, and hopes it will accelerate Howard Lincoln's timely jettison from this club, and NO EXTENSION after this year for the ridiculous Jack Z.  

Oh I fully endorse Jack Z and Lincoln getting the boot.

I just don't like how this article comes out right before the Winter Meetings ... not that I really think it will have any greater effect on the Mariners struggles to land FA's or trades though.

I'm aware of Geoff Baker's investigative journalism promotion ... doesn't change the fact that I think he's a a douchebag. 

The only constant for the past decade of futility is the team's President and CEO (Lincoln and Armstrong).

They've fired a bunch of managers as scapegoats, one of whom won manager of the year last year, and have gone through Bavasi and Jack Z with exactly nothing to show for it.

Wedge may manage again someday, and he may not. He was fine as a manager given the horse shit he had on the field every single day he worked.

It looks as though Blengino's association with MLB clubs could be over, and hopefully speaking out will get Jack Z exactly the same way in about 9 months.

Wedge always seemed like a solid manager to me. The Indians were in rebuild mode when he took over, and led them to solid success by 2007 when they took the Red Sux to the limit in the ALCS. Edited by Angel Oracle