• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

KDOC to honor Wally George

Awesome!  "You stupid, idiot!"  Wally rules!

We went to see Wally interview GWAR back in '91 or '92... Hilarious how clueless Wally was about pop culture, and even working in television.  It was a great show that entertained us for a long time though!

Mandatory:

Dudes show was the best. When I was a kid it was on at midnight and all the commercials were 1-900 talk to provocative chick ads.

The only show where he'd have a pastor, terrorist, Nazi, and Jew on the stage together.

And when he was wrong or fumbling he would get the crowd to yell Wally or kick them off the stage. Amazing. The third scene in the video is awesome...."Listen to me buddy! This is my show!"

Mandatory:

Dudes show was the best. When I was a kid it was on at midnight and all the commercials were 1-900 talk to provocative chick ads.

The only show where he'd have a pastor, terrorist, Nazi, and Jew on the stage together.

And when he was wrong or fumbling he would get the crowd to yell Wally or kick them off the stage. Amazing. The third scene in the video is awesome...."Listen to me buddy! This is my show!"

Awesome.  He really had no talent, but that was part of the fun.

Is there any chance that someone could record this for those of us outside of the KDOC market unable to view this?

I got an opportunity to go to a couple of his tapings, and it was always a blast.

I hear people say that The Colbert Report was "innovative", however I always felt that it was knock-off of Wally George.  Not to mention the idea that I always took Wally George as a latter day Andy Kaufman, skewering the audience that supported his stances relentlessly.

To me, when I was growing up, late afternoon programming was Wally George leading into KDOC's Music Video Request show (I can't remember the name off the top of my head).

I remember walking around the Mission Viejo Mall, and he was in front of the book store doing a book signing. No one was in line. I'm not sure if the bookstore even knew he was there. 

I read an article after he died about how they had his funeral at the Crystal Cathedral because they expected tons of people to come and only 20-30 people showed up.