• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mike Scioscia Manager Status Update Thread

tennischmp

This one more year theory is depressing.  Yet another season of Scioscia's trademark stumble/missing out of the gate, Forest Gump contact plays, emotionless dugouts, moving the best hitter out of the 3rd slot to make room for the old, fat, washed up celeb, and fighting it out with Seattle for 3rd in the ALW.  Ugh.

Scioscia was the one running Blanton out there every 5th day, when he had other options. Richards was a  better option.

Hanson hardly pitched at all.

With Weaver and Vargas hurt Scioscia didn't really have any options. 

This is total conjecture on my part.

I sense Dipoto gutted the rotation against strong resistance from Scioscia.

Scioscia let Dipoto hang himself.

From Digiovanni's article: "If Dipoto, 45, is retained, his biggest challenge will be bolstering the Angels’ sagging rotation while keeping the team’s luxury tax payroll under the $189-million threshold."

----

I thought it wasn't my money and Arte would continually spend money? It was an obnoxiously stupid claim then -- clearly obviously now.

Bottom line is Vernon Wells' contract is most certainly going to prevent us from adding proven pitching via FA.

Edited by YouthofToday

Not me. I will be back when Scioscia is gone, but I wont invest as long as he is here.

It will be my first hiatus after nearly 50 years, but I wont be the only long term fan bailing out if Scioscia is allowed to continue piloting this zeppelin. 

I will be sure to deactivate your account should the news come down that Scioscia will be the Angels manager for 2014 so you can make the smooth transition to retiring from message board fatalist.

Blanton was hardly used in the second half, even with the money owed to him, I think they'll just release him if he doesn't win the fifth spot out of ST.

Blanton looked OK in ST this year. It was the real games that killed him.

I see no reason to think next year will be much better, even if he pitches lights out in ST,

The Angels could hire Georgia Frontiere's granddaughter to manage and I'd still watch and support the team.  I'm having a hard time understanding how the manager affects being a fan to level that some express on here.  Ya, he's frustrating sometimes and a change may be needed, but isn't it the players on the field that are the reason for watching?  Or beyond that just loyalty to your team?  

MS is part of the problem, but people act like he is the worst manager of all time and any replacement will be better. I get that it is time for a new voice in the clubhouse and I agree that he SHOULD be replaced, but I also understand that there may not be a better option out there.

Just imagine if MS gets fired, and everyone has a collective orgasm, and his replacement leads the 2014 Angels to a 70-92 finish. Then what? Do we wish we still had MS or do we keep pining for every manager to be fired until we find one that never makes dumb decisions and leads his team to 3 straight 100 win seasons?

I just want a new pitching coach.    Get a solid one in here, and I can handle Scioscia managing for another season while Martinez gets one more bench coach season in for TB.    Then if the team is still not responding, push him upstairs and bring Martinez in.   Joe Maddon part deux would work just fine for me.

I just want a new pitching coach.    Get a solid one in here, and I can handle Scioscia managing for another season while Martinez gets one more bench coach season in for TB.    Then if the team is still not responding, push him upstairs and bring Martinez in.   Joe Maddon part deux would work just fine for me.

I'd like to get some solid pitchers too.

I don't think Scioscia is a good manager, but that's not the biggest reason why I want to see him replaced.

I want Scioscia replaced because he and Dipoto don't see eye to eye. You usually want to see your GM and manager share the same vision for the team. GMs usually get to pick their own managers. The front office has become more and more sabermetric-minded ever since Dipoto took over. Scioscia is the total opposite. He is not a good fit.

Let Dipoto hire his own guy.

That way next year we can get rid of both Dipoto and his guy.

Why? Dipoto hasn't even been given a fair chance.

I'm sure Dipoto is tired of Moreno's interference and the burden of Pujols and Hamilton's contracts that was forced upon him. That's over 1/3 of a billion dollars. Now, the Angels can't even afford to give Trout an extension or spend anything because they don't want to go over the luxury tax. Dipoto will now be forced to get creative and trade players from the current roster to improve the team. 

Dipoto's fault? I don't think so. Blame Arte. Dipoto's hands were and still are tied until he gets full autonomy (hiring his own manager, Arte staying the F away).