• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mike Scioscia Manager Status Update Thread

tennischmp

For the record, I would not be surprised to see Sosh fired.  I just don't think he should be.  I will also say if he keeps his job as manager it will only be because of his contract.  27 million is a lot to swallow and if your going to make the change and waste that 27 million you better damn well make sure the team improves.

For the record, I would not be surprised to see Sosh fired.  I just don't think he should be.  I will also say if he keeps his job as manager it will only be because of his contract.  27 million is a lot to swallow and if your going to make the change and waste that 27 million you better damn well make sure the team improves.

You could always trade him....not sure another team would swallow the whole 27 million but somebody would bite and take him, for sure....very good Managers have either been fired or moved on (maybe with the exception of Lasorda and Alston)---LaRussa was fired, Leyland moved on....change isn't always good but things do get stale....maybe we're there....I'm not sure....

Edited by DMVol

What did that series mean to the Angels, some payback to the Rangers for losing the division by the end of the offseason and ruining an already weak pitching staff? Playing for pride is really rediculous when that went down the drain by mid season. If anything the Angels hosed the Rangers by forcing them to play another game in hopes of playing a one game playoff.

WTF? Try harder.

You know how the Angels could have done a better job of hosing the Rangers?

By winning one goddamn game and sending them to the golf courses instead of a tiebreaker followed by a potential one game playoff, which at least holds the possibility of them playing postseason baseball.

Edited by jshep

Or trade him to the Nats, who will likely assume half of the remaining contract.    He will be in his ideal environment in the NL, and then the Halos only have to eat $13.5 million over 5 years, tinker toys next to what they essentially paid out to GMJHGH.

Or trade him to the Nats, who will likely assume half of the remaining contract.    He will be in his ideal environment in the NL, and then the Halos only have to eat $13.5 million over 5 years, tinker toys next to what they essentially paid out to GMJHGH.

Not that this has any chance of happening, but if Arte goes to Sciosica with an offer to manage in D.C., Scioscia should take it.

The Rangers, in a do or die series that they played their starters not a bunch of AAAA players, committed 4 errors that game.

Please let me know if anyone said they played well in a 4 error game like Sosh sugar coated the entire series. You obviously didn't get the point of the post.

He is far from the only issue... when i see guys like Santana and others posting superior stats after leaving, im ready to can the entire coaching staff.

Ok other than one year of Santana (his bullshit weak minded every other year trend) and Rodney, who else pitched better? I'm sure Nats fans are pumped about HAren pitching for them this year. I doubt the Red Sox feel like they've gotten their moneys worth out of Lackey. Show of hands, who wanted Rodney pitching more games for us?

I understand the fire Scioscia anger. In fact, I'm starting to lean that way myself but the pink elephant in the room still remains.

WHO REALISTICALLY CAN WE HIRE TO TAKE HIS PLACE? Realistically being the key word in that question.

Two fold answer.

Will Arte open the pocketbook?  If the answer is no, then it won't matter who we have as a manager.

Now say Arte opens up the pocketbook.  Then while not ideal, Girardi has to be in the running.  If Torre is not slated to be the next commish, he has to be talked to.  Not sure what Davey Johnson's status really is, but you could give him a call.  You could inquire with the Padres about Black, and the Brewers about Roenicke.  Tony LaRusa is without a job right now I believe.  These are the main one's that come to mind, I'm sure there are a lot more.

They've really struggled since Ron Roenicke left. In 2010, the Morales injury was devastating, and the team couldn't overcome the loss of Chone Figgins to FA, Wood stuggling mightily at third after Figgins departure. 

After 2010, Roenicke got the Brewers job. Roenicke and Maddon before him really helped out Scioscia. I wonder if the current bench coach has the same voice with Scioscia the former ones did.

He is far from the only issue... when i see guys like Santana and others posting superior stats after leaving, im ready to can the entire coaching staff.

Without a doubt.  That would happen if Scioscia was fired.  No one in their right might would keep the likes of Butcher, Eppard, or Ebel around.  Griffin might be the only one that anyone would hang on to.

They've really struggled since Ron Roenicke left. In 2010, the Morales injury was devastating, and the team couldn't overcome the loss of Chone Figgins to FA, Wood stuggling mightily at third after Figgins departure. 

After 2010, Roenicke got the Brewers job. Roenicke and Maddon before him really helped out Scioscia. I wonder if the current bench coach has the same voice with Scioscia the former ones did.

None of them have the same voice with Scioscia.  Thats the problem.  It started when Maddon and Black left and only got worse when Roenicke left.  They used push him, argue with him, challenge him.  They made him a great manager.  Problem is his ego is bigger than his waistline and he thinks its all him.  So he replaced those guys with a bunch of "yes" men.  #FireThemALL

None of them have the same voice with Scioscia.  Thats the problem.  It started when Maddon and Black left and only got worse when Roenicke left.  They used push him, argue with him, challenge him.  They made him a great manager.  Problem is his ego is bigger than his waistline and he thinks its all him.  So he replaced those guys with a bunch of "yes" men.  #FireThemALL

That's why I want Dave Martinez.  He's been to Maddon the last 6 or 7 years in Tampa what Maddon was to Scioscia in Anaheim.

Add Black to that group that helped Scioscia greatly.

Black >>>>>>>>>>> Butcher.

Edited by Angel Oracle

He didn't replace Hatcher...DiPoto did.....