• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mike Scioscia Manager Status Update Thread

tennischmp

Okay then to those saying Scioscia isn't the problem, what has he done the past 4 seasons that warrants him staying? What has Butcher done the past 4 seasons that warrants him staying?

I was trying to think of something funny or sarcastic to say, but, after watching this slow death march of a season, I got nothing.

I'll give Sosh the benefit of the doubt for 2010 and 2011. Those teams just weren't good (although I'm sure he made some piss poor decisions during those years too).

Not so much 2012 and 2013. When I see a quote like that from him, it just shows how delusional he is. Especially where the team was coming off a five error game. Without throwing a tantrum or going on a rant, just call it like it is. They played like crap so just say it or don't say anything at all. If he's going to sugarcoat a horrible series and season, it sends a strong message that these types of things are acceptable. That's how I perceive it at least.

I think managers are tremendously overrated. The owner needs to pick an organization philosophy and line up a management team behind that.

I don't think he did this with Dipoto/Scioscia.

It's no secret I favor the more progressive approach to the game espoused by Maddon and others.

Edited by YouthofToday

I'll give Sosh the benefit of the doubt for 2010 and 2011. Those teams just weren't good (although I'm sure he made some piss poor decisions during those years too).

Not so much 2012 and 2013. When I see a quote like that from him, it just shows how delusional he is. Especially where the team was coming off a five error game. Without throwing a tantrum or going on a rant, just call it like it is. They played like crap so just say it or don't say anything at all. If he's going to sugarcoat a horrible series and season, it sends a strong message that these types of things are acceptable. That's how I perceive it at least.

The Rangers, in a do or die series that they played their starters not a bunch of AAAA players, committed 4 errors that game.

How about looking at the one series in the last two months that actually counted for something (the last one)?

What did that series mean to the Angels, some payback to the Rangers for losing the division by the end of the offseason and ruining an already weak pitching staff? Playing for pride is really rediculous when that went down the drain by mid season. If anything the Angels hosed the Rangers by forcing them to play another game in hopes of playing a one game playoff.

How about looking at the whole season Lol

Yes, lets look at the whole season

No pitching depth and Weaver and Vargas go down!

Having to throw out Hanson and Blanton which was guaranteed losses 40% of the time.  IN addition we had to have a worse pitcher thrown out there for another two months.

Having your power bat 1b play on one foot.

Yes, let's look at the season as a whole.  

You guys keep saying this team under achieved.  I disagree, this was a bad team from the start and I think Sosh did a hello of a job getting them close to 500

Okay then to those saying Scioscia isn't the problem, what has he done the past 4 seasons that warrants him staying? What has Butcher done the past 4 seasons that warrants him staying?

Being forced to throw out Bobby Abreu, Torri Hunter, and Juan Rivera as you middle of line up power and still playing almost 500 ball.  in 2010 Sosh should have been manager of the year.

Having Trumbo as you no 1 offensive threat and Bourjos you no 2 offensive threat in 2011 and still being over 500.  Sosh once again should have been manager of the year. in 2011

Having the team competitive and not quitting in 2012 he did a good job.  I do blame him for the start in 2012 where I think he did a poor job.

This year....just being forced to pitch Blanton and Hanson 40% of the time he should get a raise.

I think MS is best manager for the team . I hope he's fired or quits just so I don't have to hear the constant moaning/crying/fire Scioscia threads around here next season.

How the hell was 2013 a GOOD TEAM?????

Gardenhire is back with the twins.  Cubs Sveum fired.

Too bad, I would have liked Gardenhire here if Scioscia gets canned.

So you want to go from the longest tenured manager to the second longest tenured manager with a worse win/loss record and a whole 3 wins in 6 playoff appearances, being swept 3 times and never getting out of the first round. His last three seasons the Twins are 66,66 and 63 wins. This is your choice?

So you want to go from the longest tenured manager to the second longest tenured manager with a worse win/loss record and a whole 3 wins in 6 playoff appearances, being swept 3 times and never getting out of the first round. His last three seasons the Twins are 66,66 and 63 wins. This is your choice?

I have said from the beginning that I think Scioscia is a good manager but they need a new voice.  I think the same is with the Twins... along with a whole new roster there.